Clarity

• 1.  Detailed Project Schedule - Pros & Cons

Posted Dec 19, 2018 06:36 PM

We are assessing the pros and cons of uploading detailed schedule in CA PPM. Because of issues with MSP integration we always get push back from PMs for storing detailed schedule in PPM. I would like to know the advantages of having detailed schedule(At the moment, we are not doing effort based scheduling and not assigning resources at task level for time entry).

Below are the few advantages I have identified:

1. Project Inter dependency management

2. Tracking Baseline Vs Current in schedule

Please highlight any other advantages you are getting of uploading detailed schedules.

Regards,

Praneeth

• 2.  Re: Detailed Project Schedule - Pros & Cons

Posted Dec 21, 2018 01:31 PM

The project schedule is a foundational element for resource , demand/capacity and portfolio management. For these to be effective in Clarity the schedules must reflect reality.  Without having the detailed schedule in Clarity is is difficult to assess its validity.  With the schedule details are in Clarity it is easy to review or even implement automated metrics to define the validity of the schedule (tasks late, tasks past finish date but not finished, dependenciy violations, etc.)

• 3.  Re: Detailed Project Schedule - Pros & Cons

Posted Jan 16, 2019 12:25 AM

Thanks RegoDW. To have the full detailed schedule in clarity we have to rely on MSP integration and which is always challenging for the PM's with the number of issues they face while uploading schedules. I am seeing ways or workaround on better ways to buy in and put the full schedule in clarity.