Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  session recording encoding error

Posted Apr 18, 2019 07:02 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Team,

In production environment we are facing the issue as Encoding-In progress for most of the session recordings. I have checked that mount point is available and allocated the unlimited space. Please check asap.

I have attached screenshot, please find it.

• 2.  Re: session recording encoding error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 10:22 AM

Hi Bhumesh, The community site is useful to bring up problems in case someone else has seen the same problem and knows how to resolve it. It is not a place to post a request for investigation by product support. If you know for sure that the primary session recording share is up and in good health, please open a support case to have the problem investigated by product support.

• 3.  RE: session recording encoding error

Posted Nov 25, 2019 03:44 AM

Hi,
    I am encountering a similar issue.

PAM version is v3.2.4

NFS share (setup on Windows 2016 server) has been configured successfully for session recording. Please see document with the configuration screenshots of the NFS share configuration in Windows.

Session recording is enabled in the access policies as well.

When we review the session recording logs, most of the records have a status of "Encoding Error"!

There are a handful of records whereby the recording is fine i.e. Status is set to "View Recording" and I am able to play the recordings.

What does "Encoding error" mean and what causes this?

Kindly advise what could be causing the issue for most of the recordings.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: session recording encoding error

Posted Nov 25, 2019 03:46 AM
      |   view attached
    Screen shots of NFS share configuration done in Windows is attached.