Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Why does flowdock crash ?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Why does flowdock crash ?

Posted 05-16-2018 07:48 AM
      |   view attached

Latest version crashes every time I try to access notifications directly in the app, of from the iOS Notification Center. If I use the iOS Notification Center as an entry point it also removes the notification from the Notifications Center.

The only way to go through my notifications on iOS is now to visit each flow and scroll through to wherever I might be mentioned, which is a major pita.

Version 4.1.0 1552

iOS 11.2.1 (15C153)

• 2.  Re: Why does flowdock crash ?
    Best Answer

Posted 05-16-2018 08:53 AM

Michael,

I apologize for the issue you are seeing when trying to read your notifications.  I have created a Support Case for you so we may file a Defect for this behavior.  A Support Engineer will be in contact with you via that case.

Regards,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Why does flowdock crash ?

Posted 06-27-2018 11:01 PM

This issue is out of control. Flowdock on iOS crashes on clicks on the “more” links in most messages unless you first press the message to go to the thread, then once in the thread press the “more” link to expand the content.

It’s also no longer reliably adding/displaying the message you just typed to a flow. You have to restart the app to make sure your content posted.

Do you receive and look at iOS crash reports? My team is sending you literally hundreds per day. How unstable does the app have to be before you release an update? Can you open source the native apps so we can fix them ourselves? We have seriously started building out a prototype app since it’s gotten so bad.

• 4.  Re: Why does flowdock crash ?

Posted 09-26-2018 10:05 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.