Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

• 1.  Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 01, 2018 05:49 AM

Hi Team,

I would like to know about SLO Object to setup escalation alerts if the job fails or if job takes longer time than usual

I have created a SLO Object but not sure how to move further to test it or to fully setup it

Please give us a heads up. It would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Himanshu  Pant

• 2.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 09:54 AM

Hi Himanshu, 

Are you having issues opening the object? It may be displaying in a different perspective (such as Administration) - once you have the object opened, setting up SLOs is fairly straightforward. You'll select whether to have the SLO active/monitored (and when to do so), along with time zones if applicable. 

Once these have been configured, the next section (Service Selection) allows you to add objects/criterion to monitor. The section "FulFillment Criteria" directly underneath allows you to specify "Runs shorter than/longer than MRT," or the job ending in a specific status for actions. Actions can be set up to react on fulfillment or on violation, and respond in a particular method based on the requirements that are being monitored. 

One thing to keep in mind is that, at this point, SLO objects are not able to effectively monitor tasks which cross midnight. For example:

*JOB_A starts at 11:30pm, and normally runs until 12:30am.

*There are two SLO Objects monitoring JOB_A - one for a late execution at 12:45am, and another for extreme delay notification at 1:00am. 

*JOB_A ends at 12:47, which should trigger the first SLO (but not the second) for violation. 

*Both SLO Objects violate. 

This is noted on Community, and we have a request to vote for this functionality to be included in a future release (which may be accomplished via the link below):

Service Level Objective Maturity 

Best, 

Spencer C.

• 3.  RE: Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Oct 10, 2019 06:24 PM
    Is this issue now resolved in 12.2+ ??

"One thing to keep in mind is that, at this point, SLO objects are not able to effectively monitor tasks which cross midnight. For example:"

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Oct 11, 2019 02:33 AM

Hi Tony,

this behaviour has not changed in 12.2 or 12.3, it's still the same since 12.0.
    Cheers, Philipp

------------------------------
    Philipp Elmer
    Enabling Automic Knowledge
    https://philippelmer.com
    ------------------------------

• 5.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 01, 2018 10:32 AM

Thanks Spencer for your valuable Knowledge. I have created SLO objects with fulfillment Criteria.

How can I link this SLO object with JOBP/JOBS/Scheduling Objects.

• 6.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:23 AM

Glad to help! To attach the SLO to an object for monitoring, that can be done in the Service Selection section (under the main Service Level Objective tab). Within, there should be the option labelled, 'Add Criterion.' Select this, and the option to choose the object name to monitor should appear, allowing for definition of the parameter. 

• 7.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:54 AM

Hi Spencer,

In SLO object, I have mentioned my email id but the content is not coming with the mail. So I am unable to find the job which job failed or not.

• 8.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 01, 2018 11:57 AM

I have chose criteria as JOBP(Workflow). I want to do it for all Workflows.

Could you please help in getting these fields.

• 9.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2018 04:00 PM

This sounds a bit more complex, and/or like a notification that you have had previously set up is not working as expected. In either case, it would likely be best to open a ticket with Support so that your needs and requirements are fully addressed. There are many reasons why this may not be working (from configuration to an actual issue, and anything between that), so I want to ensure you have all the tools you need to diagnose this effectively. 

• 10.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:23 AM

Hi Spencer,

Am I in the right direction? I mean like I setup the SLO Object and put the mail id to get notification from the SLO Object and I enabled that SLO Object and when the condition get violated, we get notification. So, that's how it works right ?

Please correct me if I am wrong

• 11.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 12:23 PM

Hi Himanshu, 

That sounds correct to me - if it's not working as intended, I'd highly suggest opening a ticket with Support so that we can take a closer look at what's happening and work with you directly on it. 

• 12.  Re: Setup SLO Objects (V12.1)

Posted Nov 13, 2018 08:34 AM

Hi Spencer,

I have already opened a case for this :- 

Please let me know if you can help from there or we can have a quick session once.

Thanks,

Himanshu Pant