Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 01, 2018 05:59 PM

Monitoring Client Usage - v12 vs v10.

Version 10 Java GUI - I can look at the 'usage' tab, and see ALL my clients on 1 page, and see what the total usage of the system is(ie performance of every client stacks on top of each other, with a total at the bottom of page). I like this.

The 'automation engine' tab separately show all the process's.

Version 12.2 AWI - process's and usage are together on 1 page. I need to click on a single WP to see what clients are connected to that WP and their usage, it also has a total, FOR THAT WP.

I can select multiple WP rows but this does not aggregate the data for an overall view, so that function seems deceiving.

In short, its nice to see usage on a per WP/process basis, but i also want to see the overall/high level usage of all the clients on a single page, otherwise how do i know quickly if my system is overloaded?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 02, 2018 07:27 AM

Hi,

There is a button on top called "General Usage". Click it to de-select any individual process. Now the diagram shows the total across all worker processes and clients.

Hth,

Carsten

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 02, 2018 01:33 PM

Carsten thanks for the quick reply.

I see what you mean, but i get different behavior. 

If i select one WP as below i see many clients listed(but not all), as expected:

If i then click general usage, i can only see client 0!! This is not expected behavior.

• 4.  Re: Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 04, 2018 04:30 AM

Odd ... now that you mention it - I do have two more clients in that system as well (namely 1000 and 1337), and they are not showing either.

For me, it only shows client 0 and 100, regardless of whether I look at the graph or table, and regardless whether I am logged into client 100 or 0.

Couple theories:

• I suspect clients that have no activities may be not shown in the load diagrams/tables at all. I would consider that a bug and report it if so, but my clients 1000 and 1337 don't have any running activities at all, so this might explain why I only see client 100.

Do the clients you are missing from view have any active activities in the "Administration -> Clients" tab?

• I'm on Automic Web Interface 12.2.0.GA02-dev-feature-12.2.0-GA02-75515. If you are on an older version, try upgrading to that one or newer, see if that let's you at least view some more clients. Maybe there was a bug and they already mitigated something about it.

Cheers,

Carsten

• 5.  Re: Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 04, 2018 04:40 AM

Follow-Up:

I did generate a running activity in my client 1337 and it still only shows clients 100 and 0 for me. This seems fishy.

I might actually recommend filing a ticket with their support for this supposedly not correctly working feature, see where that goes.

Regards,

Carsten

• 6.  Re: Monitoring Client Usage - v10 vs v12

Posted Oct 05, 2018 05:08 PM

I've logged at support ticket.

I also noted that the keeping only 1 days data is not sufficient, admins should be able to set the period to track usage so we can track over weeks/months.