Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Error deleting target group

Posted Apr 18, 2019 06:54 AM

While i am using target group mistakely its created on temporary group. how its created idk but i tried to deleted its show the error?

error Error: PAM-UI-2209: Error deleting target group. Application error occurred

Please suggest me what to do ???????

• 2.  Re: Error deleting target group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 03:36 PM

Hi Sudip,

Please open a case with Support with Subject:   Unable to Delete Target Group  

There is already a Defect opened for a similar case, and you will need help from Support to fix this.  

• 3.  Re: Error deleting target group

Posted Apr 25, 2019 01:16 AM

I raise the case but still we don't find any response from the CA site. Which is unsatisfying us?

if you have any solution that helps us?

• 4.  Re: Error deleting target group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2019 09:45 AM

Sudip, As Margaret explained, this needs to be handled through a support case. Please update your support case with any concerns you have, not this community thread.

• 5.  RE: Re: Error deleting target group

Posted Jun 07, 2019 12:37 PM
    Hi community

I have a similar problem with an LDAP groupI try to deletethis group and the result is the following message.

I
     review the session logs and the message that is shown isvery confusingthis says nothing

Some idea for this ?

------------------------------
    Julian Riaño
    MSL
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Re: Error deleting target group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2019 01:23 PM
    Hi Julian, This is a different error. It would have been better to start a new discussion. The message on the UI tells you that one of the users in the group could not be deleted. This may be because the user has a special configuration. One example would be an approver role in a password view policy. You might find a message in the tomcat log that you can get from the Configuration > Diagnostics > Diagnostic Logs > Download page. If you can't find what configuration is blocking the user delete, please open a support case.

• 7.  RE: Re: Error deleting target group

Posted Jun 07, 2019 02:31 PM
    Hi Ralf

Some users of this group have the role of approver, I am going to eliminate this role and try again.

Thank you