Rally Software

• 1.  Theme State definition

Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:20 PM

Hi ,

I needed to know the data about Theme Portfolio Item State fields and definition or portrayal towards CA Agile Rally. For the most part might want to know the how these state fields are characterized inside the rally and why they are not quite the same as other Portfolio Item like Epic, Capability and Feature? It is useful to see obviously on the off chance that anyone give me full clarification of each state in Theme.

Thanks,

J

• 2.  Re: Theme State definition
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:31 PM

Janardhana, By default all Portfolio Item types have the same State values.  Admins are able to make changes to the the default states.  I would recommend contacting your Sub Admin to discuss the difference for the Theme PI type.  Here's some additional information regarding the State filed and how/why Admins make changes to it.

https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/portfolio-admin#rpm-state 

Thanks,

Edwin

• 3.  Re: Theme State definition

Posted Feb 13, 2019 11:36 AM

Can you please explain the detailed definition of the Theme state values (No Entry, Discovering, Developing, Measuring , Done) in the Agile Rally, it is really appreciated if somebody explain at each level while defining the state values.

• 4.  Re: Theme State definition

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:14 PM

We define the States as:

Discovering = still adding scope (so don't trust the % Done)

Developing = scope is known (% Done is meaningful)

Measuring = all stories are Accepted (% Done = 100%), but we cannot say we are truly Done (e.g. need to run regression or performance tests, get customer signoff)

Done = Done

These definitions apply at the lowest portfolio item level, and then roll up to higher level.  The higher level item should have the earliest State of its children.