Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

Why does search have to be so hard?

• 1.  Why does search have to be so hard?

Posted 11-01-2018 02:34 AM

All I want to do is search for posts by a specific person in a flow.  But if I enter @personName in the magnifying glass field (search field) it doesn't show posts BY that person, it only shows posts where that person was mentioned.  Why is this so, so hard????  Help is of NO help...

• 2.  Re: Why does search have to be so hard?

Posted 11-02-2018 08:46 AM

Kim,

There currently is not a way to search for posts from a specific user.  I will pass along your feedback to the Product Owners.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Why does search have to be so hard?

Posted 11-05-2018 03:15 AM

Kim,

I passed along your feedback to the Product Owner.  He let me know that search improvements are something that is on our roadmap throughout (short, middle and long term).  As of now, 1-1 search is the top most ranked item on our roadmap and after releasing quick finder, the team is actively working on enabling search on 1-1s.

We are aware of this shortcoming and we will look to address it by improving the overall search experience, not restricting to searching for messages from a particular user alone, but searching for date ranges, for messages having attachments, etc.

I don't have the exact timeline, but wanted to let you know the information.

Michael

• 4.  Re: Why does search have to be so hard?

Posted 11-05-2018 07:35 PM

Thank you for the update - great to hear.