Rally Software

• 1.  Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:20 PM

Is there anyone that has a custom app where I can look at a list of releases and in that list it will show the number of artifacts that are linked?  I had used the timebox view and it includes work products, but I'm really after the count of artifacts associated to the release.

• 2.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:25 PM

Hi Sheri,

The count that you see on the Work Products column in the Timeboxes page - is the count of artifacts linked with the release. Here is the field's definition:

Are you suspecting this count is inaccurate?

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:31 PM

OK, then yes it appears to be inaccurate.  I am looking at Release Q1 2019, it shows me -0- Work Products, yet when I go into the FDP, it shows 7 artifacts.

• 4.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:32 PM

I will gladly open a support case for this Sagi_Gabay

• 5.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:41 PM

Hi Sheri,

I think such a skew can happen if the artifacts' ScheduleState is unset. Can you see the ScheduleState of these 7 artifacts: Do they have a value in their ScheduleState?

If not, see if setting a value will resolve it, I think it should.

If still skewed despite the ScheduleState being set - then, yes, please open a case.

Sagi

• 6.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:45 PM

Well, since the artifacts are Features, there is no scheduled state.  Are features not considered a work product?

• 7.  Re: Count of Artifacts linked to a Release

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 05:49 PM

You're correct. Portfolio Items (for instance Features) are being excluded. I think from a technical standpoint it's happening cause they don't have a ScheduleState, but I'm uncertain if that's intentional or not.

Let me find out. 

Sagi