Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to configure apache proxy with webagent for docker repository

Posted Jun 22, 2018 06:44 PM

In a Apache proxy with webagent for authentication for a docker repository backend, how do I setup the proxy to support docker commands like 'docker login', 'docker push', and 'docker pull'?

The  docker repository has a browsing feature accessed through browsers, and the webagent is working fine for browsing.

The traffic from the docker commands goes to the <site>/v2/* urls.

'docker login' would claim to be successful, storing id/password etc. locally.

other docker commands use the stored id/password information. 

But this information does not work through the apache proxy with webagent, and the request gets redirected to the sso login page.

• 2.  Re: How to configure apache proxy with webagent for docker repository

Posted Jun 25, 2018 07:17 AM

Hi Peng,

Actually you may want to open a case with CA Support to investigate more on this, attaching a Fiddler trace and Agent logs & traces to see more on what is happening.

Also, I am not familiar with Docker Hub Repositories, but they maybe use scripts or other web 2.0 mechanisms which need to be configured in a different way, so if that is the case, you may check the following:

Apply CA Single Sign-On Behavior to a Web Application Client - CA Single Sign-On - 12.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Tech Tip - CA Single Sign-On:Web Agent:: Web 2.0 Support 

I hope it helps!