Clarity

• 1.  ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing

Posted Mar 05, 2019 03:48 AM

1.I have added some Labor and non labor(Equipment/Material) resources in my Team and i can see their ETC.
    2.In Team tab i can only see the ETC for labor resource. For Non Labor resource it shows zero.
    3. When i click on task and go to assignment there i can see the ETC for non-labor resource.
    So Can anyone help me in understanding why i am unable to see the ETC for non labor resource in Task tab.
    In addition to this when i do baseline of my project for BAC it only shows 8 which I had assigned for a task with labor resource and it ignore all other non labor resource data for BAC.

As per BAC calculation it is

BAC:  Baseline at Completion

BAC: (Sum of all the assignment level Actual Cost values for the project) + ETC (Cost) at the time the baseline is recorded. This will include future posted actual costs.

In my case No Actual has been posted yet but ETC (Cost) should calculate as I have all rate matrix for non labor resource in place.

• 2.  Re: ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing

Posted Mar 05, 2019 04:29 AM

The non-labor resource that you are referring here, might not be having any Availability, unlike the Labor resources. The ETC depends on the availability that is set on the resource level. Please check the Home --> Resources page and see if there is any availability mentioned for that Non-labor resource. If that is not mentioned that, even if you edit the ETC in the Task Assignment level for that Equipment/Expense resource, it will be set as 0 again. Please check and let us know here if that helps. 

Cheers!

• 3.  Re: ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing

Posted Mar 05, 2019 04:53 AM

Thanks Abhishek for your quick response but I checked and my non-labor resource does have availability defined as 8 in Home --> Resources. I don't have ETC zero issue in task assignment or Team page but the issue is in Task list page.

The BAC calculation is ignoring these resource whereas BAC(Cost) calculation is correct which is ETC X Actual Cost(from rate matrix). 

• 4.  Re: ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing

Posted Mar 05, 2019 06:46 AM

I also checked in my test machine and the ETC (for the non-labor resources) were not calculated in the Task List for me as well. 

Some important points I found regarding this topic: 

• If a non-labor resource has zero availability, then when the resource or role is added to an investment team, there will be zero allocations and zero ETC.
    • Expense Resources and Roles will always have zero availability. 
    • It is not possible to configure an Expense resource or role with availability. 
    • You do not use Expenses for tracking work effort or hours.
    • However, Equipment and Material and Labor Resources all can have zero or non-zero availability. 
    • These types of resources can be scheduled within the investment for performing work or in the case of Equipment or Materials, can be scheduled for hours of usage.

Please see this link where you will get more information: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: Resources with or without Availability 

Hope that helps. Thanks. 

• 5.  Re: ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:56 PM

Abdul,

Does this help?

What is the source of the ETC column on Task List - CA Knowledge 

Question:
    The non labor ETC hours show up as expected on the Assignment list section on the Task Properties page. However, on the Task list page, they show up as 0. How does the ETC get updated on the Task list page?
    Answer:
    The ETC amounts displayed on both the Gantt and Task list are aggregate values. 

Labor resources are hourly resources so their ETC (and Actuals) are measured in hours. 

While the non-labor resources are considered cost resources, the ETC (and Actuals) for these type of resources are typically measured in costs or units.

The way that the aggregation is done on the Task/Gantt list, only the hourly ETC (and Actuals) are taken into account. The non-labor resources are ignored as their ETC (and Actuals) are not measured in hours. 

• 6.  Re: ETC in Task List and BASELINE BAC for Non-Labor Resource is not showing

Posted Mar 06, 2019 03:38 AM

Thanks Liz.is this the reason for BAC calculation as well in baseline?