Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

• 1.  Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 24, 2019 01:41 PM

Hi All,

I am implementing REST API in Lisa 8.1 . I am getting below default lisa headers whenever i am testing it using SOAP UI .

just want to know will these headers affect the consuming Application or is there anyway we can remove this . 

Server: LISA/Virtual-Environment-Server
    Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:32:50 IST
    X-Powered-By: LISA/8.0.1 (8.0.1.627); Interactive TKO, Inc.

• 2.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:01 PM

Hi Rahul,

Those headers are extremely unlikely to be an issue unless, for some reason, the consuming application is specifically looking for them.

They can be modified or removed in the VSI response metadata.

--Mike

• 3.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:39 PM

Mike/Prema,

Surprisingly . I don't have these headers in Response Metadata for Meta and Logical trnsaction (child) . i can only see them in unknown Response panel MetaData

• 4.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:51 PM

Interesting.  I'll have to play around with it.  DevTest might use those default values when nothing else is specified.  You might still be able to override them.

Date is absolutely not going to be a problem - every web server sends that back.

As for the other two, highly unlikely to be an issue.

--Mike

• 5.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 05:26 AM

If they are only in the "unknown response" and you don't want them, move to the unknown response section of your VSI file and you'll find them in the properties there.

• 6.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 25, 2019 12:26 PM

Hi Rick,

Removing them from unknown Response does not work . Still able to see the same.

• 7.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:01 PM

Those headers are available VSI--Transaction-->Response-->MetaData. I don't think they will cause issue if you remove them. You can remove them. 

• 8.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 24, 2019 03:07 PM

Hello Rahul,

Instead of removing the Server and the X-Powered-By headers, leave them in the meta-data response and provide a null value for them.

The VSE should remove Server and X-Powered-By headers from the response if these keys are present in the VSI with empty values.

Let us know how it works.

Heloisa

• 9.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 25, 2019 12:24 PM

Maria,

I tested that but those are still coming back in response with NULL values . 

• 10.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 25, 2019 05:40 PM

Hi Rahul.

I performed some testing with 10.3 and verified if you provide no value for Server and X-Powered-By headers, you get the response without these headers. However the same does not happen for the responses for unknown requests.

I was about to ask you which version of DevTest you are using and noticed you mentioned 8.1.

It looks like this 'feature' was added with 8.5. In the link below, search for X-Powered-By.

Release Information - DevTest Solutions - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Are you able to test this with a newer release?

Thank you,

Heloisa

• 11.  Re: Lisa headers returned in REST API Response

Posted Jan 27, 2019 11:48 PM

Hi Maria ,

Thanks that answers my question . So it is a product fix for 8.1. This will definetly work with 8.5.