DX NetOps

• 1.  Top 20 interface utilization - 95th percentile

Posted Dec 12, 2018 01:13 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a customer request for a top 20 report for interface utilization - 95th percentile.

The only way I have found so far to get the top 20 is by using the OOTB top interface utilization graphs on a dashboard and changing the number of rows for the graph/table/chart from 10 to 20.

The issue now is that these OOTB graphs show average utilization - not 95th percentile.

Does anyone know of a way to either A. change the dashboard graphs to show 95th percentile, or B. create a dynamic group that gathers the top 10/20 interfaces by utilization so that I can create an on-demand report based on that group?

Thanks,

David

• 2.  Re: Top 20 interface utilization - 95th percentile
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 07:47 PM

Hi David,

Do the metrics sought support the percentiles? If you look at the Metric Family they belong to in the Metrics tab should see something like this.

Might have to add a custom Top Table (Top) View to get what you need in a Dashboard. If the metric supports Percentiles, it should have them able to be selected against the appropriate metric family. Sample here:

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: Top 20 interface utilization - 95th percentile

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 02:01 PM

David,

Is this resolved? Still a problem?

Thanks,

Michael

• 4.  Re: Top 20 interface utilization - 95th percentile

Posted Dec 18, 2018 02:06 PM

Michael,

Yes, I was able to experiment with the various custom dashboard templates until I found one that seems to do what we needed. Thanks for your help as always.

David