Clarity

• 1.  The Actual value differs in assignment and PPA_WIP tables

Posted Nov 11, 2018 12:51 AM

I have an assignment, those actual value is 151 hours as per the assignment table and assignment screen in ca clarity.

But when i sum the actual from PPA_WIP tables and also in Cost plan when created using task assignment, i see that the value of fractals is 146.5. there is a difference of 4.5 hours.  How can i align this.

Thanks and regards.

• 2.  Re: The Actual value differs in assignment and PPA_WIP tables

Posted Nov 11, 2018 03:30 AM

You could start with trying to figure out the detail level entries.

Get the individual timesheet sums from prtimeentry.pract sum.

That will relate to the timeperiods where the entries are.

If your actuals are back to 2013 they are not to be in the daily slices.

prassignment does not daily actuals either.

What you can do to get the daily actuals is to use OWB with a tabulated view for  actuals.

First compare the weekly actuals to the actuals from the timesheets per timeperiod (assuming you have weekly timeperiods)

If you see a a difference change the view to daily to get the daily values.

Then you can create a custom timeslice for timeentries for that timeperiod only to get the daily entries. If you want you can also create a custom slice for the daily actuals for that period.

The custom slices will contain limited amount of data so the effect in performance should not be paralyzing and afterwards you can delete the custom slices.

That will allow you to see if there is a timeentry not reflected in the actuals.

Then look at the individual WIP entries to see if all you see in the daily actuals are there.

If there is an error in one or more entries or an entry is missing create WIP adjustments as needed.

• 3.  Re: The Actual value differs in assignment and PPA_WIP tables

Posted Nov 11, 2018 03:58 AM

Actually we are not using time sheets. We directly pass the hours and the equivalent cost as xog into the system. After careful observation, i see that;

First we have passed the negative transaction of  -9.5 actual with the appropriate cost. Here i assume that the etc should have been 0 and the actual of -9.5 was not affected, as actual cannot be in negative for labor.

And then we passed the equivalent positive transactions of 9.5 actual.  This is the point were are have wrong gone i assume.

The PPA_WIP has correctly recorded the transactions, but assignment table was not update accordingly. 

• 4.  Re: The Actual value differs in assignment and PPA_WIP tables

Posted Nov 12, 2018 03:33 AM

Thanks for your reply. If i make an adjustment, this will affect the PPA_WIP  tables also. But my PPA_WIP tables are showing correct values. Is there any way wherein i only perform steps that will affect the assignements and not PPA tables. Thanks in advance

• 5.  Re: The Actual value differs in assignment and PPA_WIP tables

Posted Nov 12, 2018 03:47 AM

Sorry to say I have only limited experience in fixing discrepancies with actual entries, assignment actuals and respective WIP records.

I agree that if the WIP record is correct fixing an error in the initial entry is likely to cause the WIP records to become erroneous.

The thing that comes into my mind is to delete the WIP record through adjustment and then to fix the initial entry maintaining the assignment actuals..

I should try that first in a test environment to be on the safe side.