IT Process Automation

• 1.  Can we change priorities of agent in host group automatically ?

Posted Feb 01, 2019 05:59 AM

We want to plan the restart of each server on which are the agents of our host group.

We want to make sure that nothing turns on a agent at the moment we restart it, and therefore we would like to change the priority of the agent in an automated way.

Is there a way to do that?

• 2.  Re: Can we change priorities of agent in host group automatically ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 09:47 AM

Can you clarify exactly what you are looking for here?  Do you want to set the agent priority using a web service or REST call?  Or are you saying when you set the priority of an agent, it changes when the agents are restarted?  

• 3.  Re: Can we change priorities of agent in host group automatically ?

Posted Feb 25, 2019 06:50 AM

I would like to change the priority of an agent (1 to 2) so that it is not used for new connections, the time to be able to restart it.

I'd like to do that using a websevcice or rest call, or even otherwise (database query ?)

• 4.  Re: Can we change priorities of agent in host group automatically ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 10:44 AM

I'm not seeing a way to do this programatically.  If you set the priority of the agent manually upon creation of the agent within the UI, it should stay that way, correct?  Are you seeing the priority changing?

• 5.  Re: Can we change priorities of agent in host group automatically ?

Posted Mar 14, 2019 07:22 AM

I have to believe that my English is too bad, but I explained that I wanted to voluntarily change the priorities.

My goal is to be able to perform a server reboot without any processes requiring this server during the reboot.