Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Seed files created under one project is not accessible in another project

• 1.  Seed files created under one project is not accessible in another project

Posted Jan 18, 2019 08:11 AM

Dear All,

For data generation thru TDM portal i am facing below issue.

seedfile created in gtrep_reference_data table.

i have created seedfiles via CA datamaker tool under one of my existing project and when i am trying to use the same seedfile in datapool of different project it is not getting visible. i have even tried with Admin user and facing same issue.

Seedfiles for data generation are specif to project?

is there a way to create seedfile which is accessible to all the projects for data generation?

Do we have to create separate seedfiles for each project for data generation?

please provide your comments/feedback CA Test Data Manager

thanks

Ashish Rathore

• 2.  Re: Seed files created under one project is not accessible in another project
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2019 06:21 AM

Hi Ashish,

We too had the similar use case where we wanted to access the Seed Data Across Projects. After Analysis I found that The seed data is stored "gtrep_reference_data" table with the project_id equal to the Project where you created the Seed Data, so if you want to make seed table/ list global set the seed tables proj_id to 0. You can use the below Query.

update dbo.gtrep_reference_data set rd_proj_id=0 where rd_ref_id=<seed table name>; --rd_ref_id is the Seed Table/List Name.