DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Getting agent ERROR "An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull"

Posted Jun 14, 2018 12:44 AM

I am also getting the error documented in this link except the "Exception starting method tracer "

10.5.1.8 and 10.5.2 SP2 Agent Issue solved installing 10.7.0.45 Agent  

We are not ready to upgrade to 10.7, how can this be addressed in 10.5.2.15 agent version on WAS 8.5 and Java 7

Also, could this be responsible for concurrent invocations increasing with stall count at 0 and no increase in ART.

• 2.  Re: Getting error "Exception starting method tracer "

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 02:07 AM

Hi Tes,

There are 2 ERRORs documented in the other thread:

[ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull

[ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] Exception starting method tracer 

com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.frontend.jms.JMSFrontendTracer actual trace for com.sun.proxy.$Proxy40.onMessage

Are you only seeing ERROR "Exception starting method tracer"? Is it for the same class as above or different?

It might be best to also investigate these symptoms via the new case I suggested in your previous "concurrent invocations increasing" thread: concurrent invocations increasing after upgrade to 10.5.2.15 

Then we can determine if related to same root cause and then split out if not.

Thanks

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Getting error "Exception starting method tracer "

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:13 PM

I am only seeing this error and this is on a different issue is on a different application/host from the concurrent invocations issues.

The app with concurrent invocations increase does not have this error

[ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull

• 4.  Re: Getting agent ERROR "An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenull"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 08:19 PM

Hi Tes,

I changed your thread title to reflect the "An error occurred formatting jms client metric namenullyou are seeing.

I have found a very recent case with same symptoms for WebSphere and 10.5.2 SP2 agent worked by my colleague Yanna where HotFix 10.5.2HF#29 was provided (a new KB article is currently in draft).

The UI may also be showing a null value for one of the metric nodes.

ManishParikh also had similar symptoms and installed the same HotFix in this thread: 

https://communities.ca.com/thread/241809144-introscope-1052-sp2-wmis-agent-showing-null-metric#comment-242115413 

Please create a new support case and request a copy of  10.5.2HF#29.

Thanks

Lynn