Clarity

• 1.  Ideation hierarchy

Posted Apr 08, 2019 07:01 PM
      |   view attached

Hi, 

I have a questions regarding ideation in PPM. My organization would like to use ideation for project creation, our business requires multiple briefing notes / business case charter converted into one project. Our current practice involves funding at business case charter and project delivery, i'd like to know if it is possible to have parent-child relationship if one idea has multiple briefing notes and business case charter ? (Picture attached to make it simpler)

In short, is it possible to have multiple Business case charter and briefing notes link to one idea instead of one briefing note and business case charter related to one idea. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Regards,

Ahsan 

PPM Admin

• 2.  Re: Ideation hierarchy
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 08, 2019 07:22 PM

To achieve same as in hierarchy diagram provided, you can create Briefing Notes as a sub object of Idea/Investment(If you want these briefing notes to flow into project) and Business Case Charter as sub object to the Briefing notes, that way you should be able to create multiple briefing notes for an idea and multiple BCC in single briefing note.

You should be able to create multiple projects with one idea. You have to design a way to distinguish the delivery project with only BCC from which it is originated from.

Regards

Praneeth

• 3.  Re: Ideation hierarchy

Posted Apr 16, 2019 12:38 PM

Hi Praneeth, 

Thank you for your response, i am curious, is it possible to convert BN and/or BCC sub-object into a project ? Project Managers in my organization would like to convert BCC into a project! My understanding is that only idea object can be converted into a project (correct me if am wrong). 

I have created BN as sub-obj of idea and BCC as sub-obj of BN, i can't seem to find a way to convert a BCC into a project. 

According to this link (Manage Ideas - CA PPM - 15.4 - CA Technologies Documentation ) an approved idea can be converted into an investment such as a project, is it even possible to convert a BCC / BN into a project ? 

Our financial team tracks projects on BCC and Project delivery level so it is vital for us to track project on BCC level. 

Thanks   

• 4.  Re: Ideation hierarchy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2019 09:51 AM

Hi Ahsan - 

Did Praneeth's reply help?

-Stephanie

• 5.  Re: Ideation hierarchy

Posted Apr 10, 2019 01:35 PM

Hi Stephanie, 

I have a meeting with stake holders next week, i will discuss it with them before developing any sub-objects. 

Praneeths answer does help but will it make financial tracking easier is still unclear! 

Thank you, 

Ahsan