Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

User search broken on iOS app

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  User search broken on iOS app

Posted 05-30-2018 07:29 AM

Hi, we use Flowdock everyday in our company and since 4-5 months the search by user seems broken on iOS. 

• Using the iOS app, I can see a list of persons I talked to before in the sidebar. I can click on any user and start chatting.
    • When I press the "+" button in the app, I can "Search for flows or users" and start typing the name of someone. But it does not find any users, only a handful. 

The names I start entering in the search box are clearly listed in the sidebar as I have talked to them before. Search cannot seem to find 90% of the people I enter in the search box. Only a few people show up in the autocomplete. This used to work fine in the past years.

I'm using Flowdock app 4.1.0 (latest version) on iOS.

Let me know if you need more information from me

• 2.  Re: User search broken on iOS app
    Best Answer

Posted 05-31-2018 07:47 AM

jesse.dobbelaere,

I apologize for the issue you are seeing with the User Search.  I'll open a case for you so we may investigate further.

Michael

• 3.  Re: User search broken on iOS app

Posted 05-31-2018 07:56 AM

Thanks Michael, let me know if you need more info from me to be able to reproduce (org name and username, a video of the issue, ...)

• 4.  Re: User search broken on iOS app

Posted 05-31-2018 08:00 AM

Thank you Jesse.  I was able to reproduce it, but will let you know via the case if we need more information.

• 5.  Re: User search broken on iOS app

Posted 09-26-2018 10:04 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.

• 6.  Re: User search broken on iOS app

Posted 09-26-2018 10:05 AM

Hi there,

Great news - version 4.1.2 of the Flowdock iOS app is out today and it addresses several of these issues! Get the update at Flowdock on the App Store.

What’s New

• Tap to add an emoji reaction to your flows. We’ve retained the 3D touch capability.
    • Context-sensitive assistive keyboard provides suggestions for quick actions such as @, @@, /

Bug Fixes

• A sharp uptick in crashes that no longer happen. Because we fixed a handful of them.
    • Links on both flows and 1-1 chats became unclickable. Now, they're clickable once more.
    • Composing a response that extends beyond the visible area? Don’t worry, now the long lines are visible in the same view, without the need to scroll up.
    • All the read notifications were not retained. This was frustrating, and will no longer happen.
    • An error message 'Could not connect to the server' would sometimes appear when Flowdock app returns from sleep mode or running in the background. Apologies for any frustration caused.
    • Searching for an individual, is now a markedly improved experience. Now, search the right people and stay better connected on both flows and 1-1 chats!
    • We have also fixed a few usability issues that were impacting some users.