DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Posted Nov 04, 2018 07:53 PM

Hello,

I have MQ dashboard with no data metrics for the past couple of months. It used to have data appear but don't know for some reason, there is no data on the dashboard under investigator. how to bottleneck the issue... i use mq8 and introscope 10.5. please suggest and let me know if you need any further details... please locate me what you need and from where to bottleneck the issue. Appreciated.

• 2.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 08:03 PM

Hi Viq,

Some first step suggestions:

Use the Workstation to check the Management Module (MM) Dashboard definition and find the metric grouping(s) that the dashboard is using to display the data. Check the MM metric grouping(s) and if they show no data then check the corresponding Metric Browser nodes and high level agent visibility for those nodes.

If this from an MQ Monitor agent perhaps the agent is not connected to the APM EM cluster any more?

If agent is connected then check APM Status Console for any possible clamp related problems.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Posted Nov 04, 2018 08:32 PM

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your quick response.

This is MQ and i don't have this dashbaord under MM, it only appears in Investigator.

Not sure what to check in the MM, i hope your answer is related to MM but I'm referring to Investigator; you also mentioned to check the Metric Browser nodes and high level agent visibility for those nodes?

The last time it showed the data was on August 10th 2018.. Please suggest!

Thanks,

Viq

• 4.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 08:48 PM

Hi Viq,

Please upload a screenshot of the MQ Dashboard you are looking at. 

Thanks

Lynn

• 5.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Posted Nov 05, 2018 11:35 AM

The above screenshot was taken from the Investigator and we don't have this dashboard available in MM/Consol. Hope that helps to narrow down the issue. Thanks

• 6.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 11:42 AM

This is not a dashboard but a typeviewer.

Check in folder <em_home>/ext/xmltv or <em_home>/ext/ddtv. You should see a few XML files. These are typeviewers. Others are embedded in our product JARs.

If the MQ one is available, compare the regular expressions in the XML compared to your metric tree. If they don't match, this is the one reason the typeviewer doesn't populate.

Check for agent clamping as others have suggested.

Let us know your APM & MQ versions. Also check https://pcm.ca.com to see if your versions are compatible and supported.

-Hiko

• 7.  Re: MQ Dashboard shows no data under Investigator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:45 AM

Dear Viq:

1) Can you respond to Lynn's note on if a clamp was reached?

2) Is there anything in the EM/Agent logs about these metrics? DId teh agent profile change around that date?

Thanks

Hal German