IDMS

• 1.  User owned index rebuild using SAMPRUX1

Posted Oct 04, 2018 01:49 PM

User owned index rebuild question

I have copied the user owned index front end program SAMPRUX1 and modified it to use input parms instead of hard coding the record, set, subschema, etc in the program, so I only have one program to use for all the indexes I need to build.  I have even tested it in a different CV than the program was compiled in, where one of the records in the set has been restructured with an extra system owned index.  Everything seems to work fine.  Is there anything I'm not considering here in using one program for all the user indexes?  I do have it compiled with owner-record and member-record large enough for all records.

• 2.  Re: User owned index rebuild using SAMPRUX1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2018 01:41 AM

No, that should be fine.
    In fact there used to be an older version of this program called RBLDINDX which did it exactly the way you've done it - so that the one compiled program could be used for any index.
    But it was somewhat less than flexible in that it could only do the "down" path and could not be restricted to one index occurrence.
    I re-wrote it to add both of those functions and when I did that I removed the dynamic input parameters because it was getting complicated and I figured most sites would need to compile it anyway.