IT Process Automation

• 1.  Process Resource Unavailable

Posted Oct 29, 2018 01:51 PM

It is possible to configure some actions like sent an email in case a process resource will be unavailable after a certain amount of time?

• 2.  Re: Process Resource Unavailable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:21 AM

Process Automation can definitely be setup to send emails under any number of different conditions.  You could build into your resource operators a timeout which then takes a 'email admin' path, or this could be configured within the exception handler.  

If you provide a bit more detail what your attempting we maybe able to provide more detailed assistance.

• 3.  Re: Process Resource Unavailable

Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:35 AM

Hi

All my PAM processes are controlled by different resource operators.

In certain cases because of unpredicted situations, this resources becomes full utilization and the next processes that uses this resource are accumulating waiting for an available resource.

What I want to improve is that if the resource is full for example for more then 5 minutes, I will receive an email to check what is happening.

• 4.  Re: Process Resource Unavailable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 09:52 AM

There is no general 'send email if resource is unavailable' action, youll have to either:

A. build this into each process, where you have a timeout or some other action that only allows the process to wait for so long before emailing you about a possible problem, or;

B. build separate process or processes that checks each resource by taking and quickly releasing the resource every few minutes repeatedly and emails you if it is unable to get a new resource after a set period.