DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior

Posted Oct 15, 2018 08:55 AM

Good evening,

after installing APM10.7 + SP2 I noticed some persistent problem in the italian version regardless I was using the .jnlp java execute or the installation on my laptop.

Here's a list of buggy thing I found out:

click on Workstation - can choose on the highlighted labels:

Effettua query per eventi cronologici = Query Historical Events ---> Left click and nothing happen

Nuovo visualizzazione errori in tempo reale= New Live Error Viewer ---> Left click and nothing happen

Nuova sessione di traccia della transazione=New Transaction Trace Session--->Left click, pop-up screen does show but after starting the transaction trace the pop-up disappear and there are no results for traces.

These elements are the most used from the above menu - I'm not aware if there are other elements of that menu that doesn't work properly.

Other items are misplaced in the Investigator as in the image that follows:

Here you can see, there are no Errors or Traces Tab and the Overview Tab isn't showing any contents

As you can see there are neither Errors or Traces tabs and Panoramica=Overview tab isn't showing any summary data.

I may have missed other buggy stuff but these are the most used function in APM.

If the product is started in full english then you will not have those problems mentioned above.

In order to go back to the english version from italian (or any other language) specify in Introscope_Workstation.lax---> lax.nl.java.option.additional this parameter -Duser.language=en

Goodbye

• 2.  Re: Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 09:58 AM

Dear Yann:

This seems best handled by a case since it is unique to SP2.

Thanks

Hal German

Dear Community:

Has anyone seen this? If so, what did you do to resolve this?

• 3.  Re: Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 10:59 AM

Hi Yann,

Have you tried following this KB?

How to clear the Introscope OSGI cache? - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,
    Matt

• 4.  Re: Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 05:56 AM

Hello Yann,

I wonder if a case was raised for this as we are seeing different /incorrect behaviour of the workstation where it is localised, not just Italian. And, by using -Duser.language=it in Workstation, it is possible to see similar behaviour as you have reported.

Many thanks,

David

• 5.  Re: Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior

Posted Nov 05, 2018 05:48 AM

I did not open a case, I swithced to English language to not have further problem.

I'm sorry buy I do not have the time to handle a case (by my side) that is why I suggested in my post to use -Duser.language=en in property .lax file

Have a great day!