Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

• 1.  Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:26 PM

Hi,

We have installed a fresh copy of AE 12.1.1 HF3 in our new QA box. We have noticed that when we monitor our schedules, the status of a few tasks of type JOBS and Scripts are always showing READY for GENERATION. When we check the executions of the same tasks then they show the correct status. Other tasks like JOBP and Events show the correct status in the Schedule Monitor. Issue can be seen in Java UI and AWI.

This issue was present in 12.1.1 HF2 also and now is present in HF3 also. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Kumar

• 2.  Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted Apr 03, 2018 02:19 PM
    Hey Kumar,

Im seeing this same behavior on my V12.1.1 System

• 3.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 04, 2018 05:19 AM

Hi Kumar.  I'm seeing this in V12.1.1 HF4 too.

• 4.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2018 06:02 AM

Did anyone of you open a support ticket for that?

• 5.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 04, 2018 06:18 AM

• 6.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 04, 2018 06:43 AM

Cheers for that!

And fwiw, all forum participants outside of your own organisation are prohibited from seeing your support cases, so sadly, can't do anything with that link.

• 7.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 04, 2018 06:40 AM

Same here (I guess ... if that's what you meant):

The JOBS in the scheduler says "Ready for generation", while the JOBS with the exact same RunID is ENDED_OK. I assume this is a simple logic/display issue where the JSCH monitor shows the previous run id, but the state of the next upcoming job instance.

Automic Web Interface 12.1.1.HF3-dev-feature-12.1.1-HF.3-70410

Automation Engine API 12.1.1+build.9812

Best regards,

Carsten

• 8.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2018 06:13 AM

Hello,

This issue has been confirmed as a product defect.
    Root Cause: The monitor of a schedule object is not updated during the execution of a task. Task state is set to "ready for generation" but not updated any more afterwards if the state of the sub-task is changed.

Solution: Update to a fixed version listed below or a newer version if available

Workaround: Change status manually

Fix Version(s):
    AE Server and Initialdata

Automation Engine 12.2.0 - Planned release date: 2018-06-19
    Automation Engine 12.1.2 - Planned release date: 2018-05-21
    Automation Engine 12.0.5 - Planned release date: 2018-05-07

KE detail: Scheduler does not show correct status of started Task in AWI and Java GUI

Cheers!

Hoai

• 9.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 08, 2018 07:31 AM

Hi.

Thanks for the update.

Unless I missunderstand, this raises two questions with me:

• how can this be a defect with "initial data"? I would need more background, because I can not reasonably see how initial data could play into this. More importantly though:
    • if a monitor is not updating to reflect an update to the status of a task which has, in actuality, changed to a new status -  how can the workarround be to change the status manually? Is it meant to change it back and forth, to trigger something? Because again, the status in all other places is correct, it's just the monitor that's not updating.

Especially for the later, changing status manually in Automic is rather severe and should be limited to cases that can't be resolved any other way. Without further background, I consider this advise borderline dangerous.

Cheers,

Carsten

• 10.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 08, 2018 07:55 AM

Exactly! The workaround can be safely ignored. The only workaround is to check the actual executions of the task showing “Ready for Generation” status, because we know that the affected tasks are getting triggered.

• 11.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2018 06:02 AM

Hello Carsten,

• how can this be a defect with "initial data"? I would need more background, because I can not reasonably see how initial data could play into this. More importantly though:

-> Let me fix my statement as "This issue has been confirmed as a product defect." as I can't share more information on this. I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge and also privilege to answer this question.

• if a monitor is not updating to reflect an update to the status of a task which has, in actuality, changed to a new status -  how can the workarround be to change the status manually? Is it meant to change it back and forth, to trigger something? Because again, the status in all other places is correct, it's just the monitor that's not updating.

-> You are right. As this is a Display issue, manually change status does not take effect to the JSCH monitoring.

I will contact the KE owner to have this correct.

Best,

Hoai

• 12.  Re: Status of jobs not showing correctly when we monitor the schedule object that they are part of

Posted May 09, 2018 06:35 AM

Hi Hoai,

many thanks!

Best regards,

Carsten