Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How is the Mobility Index calculated on Risk Authentication?

Posted Aug 16, 2018 07:39 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone explain or take me through how the Mobility Index works on CA Risk Authentication. How is Mobility Index calculated?

Lastly, when a customer triggers such a rule, they are required to enter their OTP's everytime until the Mobility Index score reaches a certain value.

If a customer authenticated once for Mobility index, should they not be trusted and not challenged the next time they transact?

• 2.  Re: How is the Mobility Index calculated on Risk Authentication?

Posted Aug 20, 2018 02:20 PM

You can refer to the below docops link..

Mobility Index - CA Advanced Authentication - 9.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

• 3.  Re: How is the Mobility Index calculated on Risk Authentication?

Posted Sep 03, 2018 07:51 AM

Thanks Lakshmikanth,

I will go through the documents.

However, why does RiskMinder ask for an increaseauth after being verified for the first time?

If I trigger the rule once, and authenticate successfully. The rule should in essence Allow me the next time I logon.

Regards,

Kele

• 4.  Re: How is the Mobility Index calculated on Risk Authentication?

Posted Mar 06, 2019 01:31 PM

I was trying to get my hands on Mobility Index today , when I had similar questions as posted here. I understand that the mobility index value reduces as the user continues to login from the same location. However, there is no true indicator on when this would reach a certain value.

Is there a way that I can define a rule that gets triggered when the mobility index increases 'by' a certain value. For.g.,  I want the rule to be triggered when the mobility index increases by 100 points. So, If my mobility index is 99 and during the next transaction , its 199 (because I logged in from a different location)  - I expect the rule to trigger.

munla06

#riskrule #cariskminder