Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?

• 1.  I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 12:10 AM

My requirement is I have Request and Response in SOAP XML file. Now I want to create STUB using RR pair. how should I do?

• 2.  Re: I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 05:45 AM

Hi,

To create a VS using RR pair your request name should end with "-req" and response as "-rsp" .For example, request can be named as "request-req.xml" and response as "response-rsp.xml".

Once you do this , you can give the path of folder you have kept these files in while creating the VS and it should be picked as a pair by default by the tool.

I hope this helps you, let me know if you still face any issues.

Thanks,

Viraj

• 3.  Re: I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 10:49 AM

Yes vijay.. it helped me one more question please

Once I created baseline test and run with option it shows NO PROTOCOL error.

Regards

Kalaikkumaran M

On Friday, 27 April 2018, VirajSingh <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?

Posted Apr 30, 2018 01:46 AM

How to create a simple Virtual Service using RR Pair?

Launch Workstation.exe from {{LISA_HOME}}/bin folder.

Login using ID/PASS.

Create a New Project.

Now right click on the virtual services folder, choose “Create New VS Image”, and then choose “from Request/Response Pair”

Now give path for your image and model

Now choose the path for the folder where you have kept you RR(request/response) pair and select appropriate transport protocol (this is the protocol you have to select to let the tool know how your Virtual service will communicate with the outside world once hosted on LISA server like using HTTPS calls or IBM MQ or JMS etc.). Once selected, click on configure to configure the transport protocol. 

Say you select transport protocol as HTTPS, to configure, input the hostname or IP of the LISA server (the server where the LISA services such as registry, coordinator and simulator are hosted) in the target Host.

Listen/Record port needs to be set as the one of the ports which are open on the LISA server host in the control panel rules on the server.

Once the transport protocol is set click on finish and then click on next.

Once you do that you will move to the DATA Protocol Screen. Data Protocol can be set for Request side and response side separately.Click on “+” sign for request side data protocol and select appropriate protocol that you want to apply on the request for your VS. Similarly for response side this can be done.

If you face any difficulties please refer to the DevTest manual:

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-0/en

I hope this helps you.let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks,

Viraj

• 5.  Re: I am trying to create stub using RR pair with SOAP based XML request & response file. But I am unable to see the response is taken by the system. its just blank. Will RR pairs works only for REST based protocol?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 30, 2018 02:20 AM

Please use SOAP based and Generic xml parser DPH that will interpret the request and show you in dialogue box. also make sure using HTTP protocol do configure it with any dummy port number .

Refer below link from CA Doc. Process is also listed here step by step that will you with expected results. 

Data Protocols - DevTest Solutions - 8.0 - CA Technologies Documentation