Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I am looking for an example of how to use the GET_EVENT_INFO(FILENAME) function on the !Process tab for a FILE EVENT to trigger off of the presence of a specific file name in the target directory.

• 1.  I am looking for an example of how to use the GET_EVENT_INFO(FILENAME) function on the !Process tab for a FILE EVENT to trigger off of the presence of a specific file name in the target directory.

Posted Aug 21, 2018 02:59 PM

I have a FILE EVNT in 11.2 with PATH_FILE_COUNT >0 set up. I would like to have the EVNT only react to a file or files in the directory that match a particular name or mask like d*.txt . I am looking for an example of how to actually use the GET_EVENT_INFO(FILENAME) function to accomplish this.

• 2.  Re: I am looking for an example of how to use the GET_EVENT_INFO(FILENAME) function on the !Process tab for a FILE EVENT to trigger off of the presence of a specific file name in the target directory.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 04:12 PM

Hi,

You can use a wildcard in a file event. It cannot be part of the path but it can be used for the file name. In the 'Path' field you could have something like:
    c:\temp\*.txt

• 3.  Re: I am looking for an example of how to use the GET_EVENT_INFO(FILENAME) function on the !Process tab for a FILE EVENT to trigger off of the presence of a specific file name in the target directory.

Posted Aug 21, 2018 08:34 PM

Thanks very much. That wasn't very clear to me in the documentation.