Rally Software

• 1.  TFS Description Field contents causing connector transfer error

Posted Jul 12, 2018 03:31 PM

Hello,

I am trying to use the TFS connector to synchronize CA Agile and TFS. We have an issue with a few Stories and Bugs that cannot transfer to CA Agile. I have determined that one of the stories had "MS Word Quotes" in it and it seemed to break the connector. After some debugging, what appears to happen is the connector reads from TFS and gets the JSON output for the TFS item. Then I assume it breaks down the JSON to pull out the fields we are trying to copy. This is where things go wrong. I get the following error:

E, [2018-07-12T15:08:20.389871 #792] ERROR -- : RallyEIF::WRK::ConnectorRunner.rescue in run_services - Unexpected exception occurred
    E, [2018-07-12T15:08:20.389871 #792] ERROR -- : RallyEIF::WRK::ConnectorRunner.exception - Message undefined method `each' for "value":String

Is there a way to find out what other characters are causing this issue? Is there a way in the connector to filter out bad characters before we try reading them? Is there a setting in the TFS API that we can change?

Running out of ideas. we would like to do a bulk update into CA Agile at some point to start the syncing but this issue is preventing that.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: TFS Description Field contents causing connector transfer error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2018 01:04 AM

Hi Eric,

Can you please see if this helps you:

TFS Connector Error: Message undefined method each - CA Knowledge 

This article basically suggests your instance value in the config file may be incorrect or non-existent. If you have no instance then you shall have that config file line be: <instance>/</instance>  ( notice the actual value is / )

If this isn't helping you resolve, can you please open a support case and provide your config file and log file.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: TFS Description Field contents causing connector transfer error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 03:50 PM

Hi Eric,

Did my reply from 07.14 help you resolve?

Sagi

• 4.  Re: TFS Description Field contents causing connector transfer error

Posted Jul 23, 2018 09:46 AM

Hello,

I have already spoken with CA Support and I do have the instance value set correctly (<instance>/</instance> ). 

Your linked article indicates a different issue though. It says that there may be Unicode characters in my content and I can get a hotfix for the connector. I will open a case with support and pursue that. It seems like the most likely issue.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: TFS Description Field contents causing connector transfer error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 12:11 PM

Customer opened a support case, working through a support case.