Clarity

• 1.  Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 12, 2018 11:16 AM

The process auto-starts every time a field named “Project’s organizational structure” is updated, but it won’t initiate if the field is updated by XOG Gel Script.
    The processes works fine if the field is updated directly on the user interface.

• 2.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 12, 2018 06:51 PM

Do you want to share the section of the GEL script which is updating the attribute.  You indicate it is is XOG doing the update, but if the reality is it is a database update instead, then the process won't automatically start.

Please also review what the GEL script to determine what user account is being used to XOG the data in, they may not have access to the other process which isn't automatically being started.

In addition, are you 100% sure the attribute is being updated via the GEL script - sometimes it isn't even though you think it is.

• 3.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 13, 2018 05:41 AM

The account I'm using has access to the process.

I'm using the following GEL script.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_project.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <Header version="14.2.0.237" objectType="project" externalSource="NIKU" action="write"/>
        <Projects>
          <Project name="teste ressalva item 201" projectID="PRJ0018232">
            <OBSAssocs complete="false">
              <OBSAssoc name="Estrutura Organizacional" unitPath="/level 1/level 2" id="petr_obs_centro_lucro"/>
            </OBSAssocs>
          </Project>
          <Project name="testes de agrupamento" projectID="PRJ0018212">
            <OBSAssocs complete="false">
              <OBSAssoc name="Estrutura Organizacional" unitPath="/level 1/level 2" id="petr_obs_centro_lucro"/>
            </OBSAssocs>
          </Project>
        </Projects>
    </NikuDataBus>

• 4.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 19, 2018 01:35 AM

Have you confirmed that the OBS on these projects were updated via the XOG?  I've reviewed a couple of my OBS type scripts and the format is generally like:

<OBSAssoc name="Estrutura Organizacional" unitPath="/level 1/level 2"/>

minus the id= part.  Not saying your XOG is wrong, just that I haven't had to include the id= part before.

Have you also tried logging in with the XOG user, just to make sure that they can edit that project, and the process automatically kicks off?

• 5.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 19, 2018 08:24 AM

Parrotte, I checked and he OBS was updated via XOG. I have also tried logging in with the XOG user, and it still doesn't work.

About the id part, if I exclude it I get the following error:

<Description>[Error] :0:0: element "OBSAssoc" is missing "id" attribute [Error] :0:0: element "OBSAssoc" is missing "id" attribute </Description>

• 6.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 19, 2018 09:36 AM

If I recall it correctly that is standard behaviour that a process does not autostart when a field i updated by XOG.

There was a thread on that two three years ago.

A work around wast to use an auxiliary field (flag). The flag field would be XOGed or updated with XOG by a process.

Then a job would run and update the records where the flag was on. That could have been some thing simple like changing a status field to the same value every time.

• 7.  Re: Process won’t auto-start when field is updated by XOG

Posted Nov 20, 2018 08:15 PM

Jainaldo wrote:

..... I have also tried logging in with the XOG user, and it still doesn't work.

Have you considered that the XOG user may not have auto run access to the required process?

Given that you have logged in with the XOG user, and I assume that you manually updated the OBS, the process didn't start.  Though your initial topic indicated "The processes works fine if the field is updated directly on the user interface.", suggests that the XOG User doesn't have access to required process.