Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-03-2018 07:00 AM

Is there a limit to how much I can enhance the gateway's message processing capacity? Like say for example, if the gateway is designed to handle binary files (base64 encoded) in a SOAP message. Is there a way to increase the gateway's capacity to handle and forward 100+ MB messages to a backend server? How much can I safely increase the io.xmlPartMaxBytes cluster property and the Java Heap size of the gateway itself?

• 2.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?
    Best Answer

Posted 12-03-2018 10:14 AM

Hi ,

There is no one answer on this question as it depends on a lot off factors

like memory ,cpu , network .  and think like Load balancer and network setup.

type of communication

There is a general section in the documentation about optimizing the gateway :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-4/en/reference/troubleshoot-the-gateway/optimize-gateway-for-large-file-uploads

Regards Dirk

• 3.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-10-2018 03:14 PM

Good afternoon,

Did Dirk's response help you to move forward? Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support

• 4.  Re: How much can I increase the File Processing capacity of an API gateway?

Posted 12-24-2018 09:37 AM

Hi 
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk