DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Not possible to create Experience cards

• 1.  Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:00 AM

We are gaining more knowledge on Precision API Monitoring/APM but are stuck with some things.

I have installed Introscope Enterprise Manager/Webview and have about 7 EPAgents running on different gateways.

These agents are visible in the Agent View and I can see the reported metrics. I also enabled some service metrics for some service test policies.

When I connect to Teamcenter with browser I am shown and (almost empty) Experience View.

I have 1 Infrastructure Agent running on the server where EM is installed and that server is shown as an empty Experience card.

I installed the EM as Master (MOM).

When trying to add a new Experience Card then there is nothing to filter, no mather what universe I select.

Any help with getting Experience View populated is helpfull.

• 2.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:18 AM

Please speak with your PAPIM rep about how to properly setup Experience Cards for monitoring.

You also need to make sure you have installed ‘apim.js' on your EM to help generate metrics for Team Center and Metric View.

There should be three new attributes related to PAPIM when you go to setup your cards so make sure those are available.

If you have any further issues, please contact CA Support or your account rep.

• 3.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:25 AM

Hi Hiko_Davis

Should apim.js be part of any download package and if yes, which one ?

Or should it be installed during installation of Introscope EM ?

• 4.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 05:43 AM

The JavaScript file comes with PAPIM so make sure to look at that documentation on where to get it.

Once you have the file, deploy to <em_home>/scripts. No restart necessary. It's a hotdeployable feature.

• 5.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 05:41 PM

Hi marco Zwetsloot,

Are you seeing gateway transactions on the Team Center map?: Release Notes - CA Precision API Monitoring - 3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

What version of APM & Precision API are you using?

There have been some fixes related to Team Center data visibility in later 10.5.2 and 10.7 versions but I think they are mainly for correlation of gateway transactions with application transactions that use APM Java/.NET agents, when those applications are using the gateway.

My colleague Aryne might have more advice.

Thanks

Lynn

• 6.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:34 AM

Hi @Lynn Williams

I have APM 10.7.0.0 with Precision API 3.3.117.

In Map View I only see the components when APM Infrastructure Layer is selected. So I guess I have misconfigured something but not sure what.

• 7.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:40 AM

Dear Marco:

1) I would upgrade to APM SP2  which has a lot of Team Center fixes.

2) Work with the API Support Team first to see if the data is being sent to APM.. Then with the APM Team as needed.  

3) The logs for both products should let you know what is going on

Thanks 

Hal German

• 8.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:59 AM

Thanks Hallett_German....will try that first.

• 9.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Nov 06, 2018 02:35 AM

Hallett_German

I have installed SP2/Hotfix 10.7.0-HF14 successfully. I now see when trying to create a experience card that when trying to apply a filter that it shows that there are no components in the selected layer.

I created several Universes with different layers but none of these work with creating Experience cards.

• 10.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 09:43 AM

I would also check my account that I am using to create the Experience Card. Try with an APM Admin account. Eliminate LDAP/EEM as an issue.

• 11.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:37 AM

Hi Hallett_German,

Only using the admin account at the moment.....

• 12.  Re: Not possible to create Experience cards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 08:38 AM

Make sure your traces are not being dropped