Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet Config in the New UX

Posted Oct 11, 2018 02:02 PM

In the Classic UI, it is possible for me to configure a Timesheet to include additional fields. I was wondering if anyone could provide a clue as to where I could perform similar updates to Timesheets in the New UX.

For example, if a full WBS/Task list was not developed for a Project I am working on, I can configure the Timesheet to include a Role, then enter time as a Developer (from my Primary Role), then Split (or Copy in the New UX) the record and enter additional time on the same Project, but as a Tester on someone else's code.

I have not been able to locate the Object/View that affects the fields displayed Globally, and the New UX doesn't provide the capability for users to optionally configure their Timesheet.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2018 11:49 PM

Hi Will,

If you are looking to configure the Timesheet options which is available in Classic CA PPM, 

You can configure the fields from Administration->Project Management->Timesheet Options

Select the Available Columns that you wanted and move to Selected Columns which will reflect in the New UX.

• 3.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX

Posted Oct 12, 2018 01:03 AM

Thanks Arun,

When I have the New UX Timesheets disabled, my Timesheet Options appear the same as yours, and the page allows me to add the Role to the Timesheet.

Once I update the Admin > General Settings > System Options to enable Timesheets in the New User Experience...

the contents of the Admin > Project Management > Timesheet Options page is revised to display only the following options.

It seems like the New UX Timesheet isn't designed (without configuration elsewhere) to display as many fields as the Classic UI.

I'm not certain it's a consideration that I am experimenting with PPM 15.5.

• 4.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2018 02:41 AM

Hi Will,

You will not see any configure options in the New UX user timesheets like classic PPM Timesheets.

• 5.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX

Posted Oct 12, 2018 03:06 AM

Thanks for confirming. I see on the page https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm-saas/15-5/en/administration/configure-general-system-settings#ConfigureGeneralSystemSetting…  that fields like the Role are confirmed to be unavailable once the New UX for Timesheets is enabled.

Since the Task>Assignments page allows for designation of a Role, I will test to see whether multiple Tasks for the same Resource but in different Roles will satisfy the requirements. It sort of negates the value of being able to copy Timesheet entries if it's not possible to differentiate the Role being performed.

Thanks,

Will

• 6.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX

Posted Oct 18, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi Will,

Just a thought if could help, how about utilizing User Value1 field, create some roles(if predefined) and configure that?

Analyze a bit to see if this would match your requirement.

• 7.  Re: Timesheet Config in the New UX

Posted Nov 12, 2018 05:26 PM

Hi Viral,

How can you configure those User Value 1 fields?  Can you create any more?