Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Posted Sep 27, 2018 12:16 AM

I would like to know if there is any chance to set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization

in CA API Developer Portal?

• 2.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 06:16 AM

Hello,

If your portal version is 3.5, it seems the following page of the documentation has the procedure.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-developer-portal/3-5/en/manage-the-api-portal/manage-apis/use-private-apis

Assigning/Removing Access to Private APIs

You can grant organizations access to private APIs. All of that organization's users will then have access to:

• API documentation associated with the private API
    • Forums associated with the private API
    • API Explorer capabilities for the private API

To assign access to a private API:

1. On the Dashboard, select Organizations.
    2. Select the check box next to the organization(s) to be granted access. 
    3. From the Actions menu, choose Assign Private API and then click Apply
    4. Select one or more private APIs from the list. Tip: Hold down the Ctrl key to select more than one line. 
    5. Click Add. The selected APIs are displayed under "Assign APIs". 
    6. Click Apply
      All of the organizations you selected now have access to the private APIs you assigned. 

Best regards,
    Seiji

• 3.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Posted Oct 01, 2018 01:32 AM

Hello Seiji

Mine is not  3.5 so it didn't work .

I'm on 4.2 right now.

Thank you.Organizations page

• 4.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Posted Oct 02, 2018 05:00 PM

Quick side note: Please try to include the version of the applications you reference in the community post description so that everyone who chooses to work on it can assist you more efficiently. Thank you.

• 5.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 07:49 AM

Hi

I just checked in portal 4.2 you can only select one organization to a private API.

However you can assign a private API to a account plan and a account plan can contain multiple organisations .

Have a look at

https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-developer-portal-enhanced-experience/4-2/en/publishers/manage-organizations

Regards

Dirk

• 6.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2018 06:36 PM

Good afternoon,

Were you able to resolve the issue? What was the final result?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes
    Broadcom Support

• 7.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Posted Dec 17, 2018 03:42 AM

Dear Stephen

I still can't  resolve the issue however somebody suggested me to assign a private API to a account plan and a account plan can contain multiple organisations instead which is not what I need to do.

Thanks,

• 8.  Re: Set Private API visibility to more than 1 Organization in CA API Developer Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 06:49 PM

For API Portal 4.2, private API's are assigned to organizations via their Account Plan. 

In the Account Plan you can select which Private API's are included, and then for organisation's that uses that account plan they can see the private API's. 

There was an enhancement request, that covers adding some flexibility when adding private API's to groups, and how that affects the group's visibility : 

API Portal 4.2 - better control over public/private visibility of API Groups 

Cheers - Mark