we have a response payload in VSI with 6000 lines (400KB size) and when we try to hit the service we are receiving a response time of 500ms, we have a delay of 78ms in the VSI.
any suggestions on why is it taking additional 400ms to send the response.
What leads you to believe the response payload size is the culprit?
It will be hard to offer specific guidance without reviewing your specific scenario via Webex. I believe it is worth opening a ticket so the support team can look at this with you.
In the meantime, can you help us with a few more details?
- What version of DevTest are you using?
- Which OS platform?
- How are you determining the 500ms response? (e.g., using DevTest log file timestamps or measured by the consumer application)
- What logging level are you running?
- Does the response have a high number of magic string or magic date values?
- Are there any customizations, use of custom JARs, or non-OOTB steps in the VSM?
- Are there Match Scripts in the VSI?
- Is this a functional or performance test?