Symantec IGA

• 1.  Identity Portal - Forgotten Password - verification screen blank

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:50 AM

Product: CA Identity Suite 14.1 Virtual Appliance

Component: CA Identity Portal 

Feature: Forgotten Password (/sigma/public/index#/forgot-password)

Issue: the identity validation screen (second step, aka verification screen) is blank/empty and no error in log files on both Identity Portal and Identity Manager sides

first screen (Identification)

second screen (Verification)

If I perform the same test of the feature using CA Identity Manager environment UI (/iam/im/pubidentityEnv/ui7/index.jsp?task.tag=forgottenpassword), it works as expected:

The related Admin Task is configured correctly on Identity Manager side and enabled as Web Service:

Also configured correctly on Identity Portal side:

What do I miss?

Thanks and regards,

Gabriele.

• 2.  Re: Identity Portal - Forgotten Password - verification screen blank

Posted Jun 08, 2018 10:06 AM

This is likely some sort of configuration issue as I have seen another customer not have this problem. I would suggest opening a support case so that your configuration could be reviewed and so you can be assisted further.

• 3.  Re: Identity Portal - Forgotten Password - verification screen blank

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2018 07:25 AM

The portal supports only a wizard type forms, so you will need to clear the field: Prompt for secondary verification screen in the screen: Configure Forgotten Password Search Screen, AND clear the screen: Profile Screen for Secondary Verify. This will cancel the secondary verification screens

And copy the screen: Forgotten Password Verify to a new one and edit it to include the security questions:

Thanks to reuel01

• 4.  Re: Identity Portal - Forgotten Password - verification screen blank

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:29 AM

Hi Gil,

I cleared the Secondary Verification Screen section.

About the but If I configure |Question 1| + |Answer 1| instead of |VerifyQuestion| + |VerifyAnswer|, the task stops to work also on IM side with this error:

2018-06-11 15:15:01,102 ERROR [ims.tasktrack.custom] (default task-4) There is no question available for step 0

So I left the original configuration with  |VerifyQuestion| + |VerifyAnswer|:

Anyway, the issue on IP side is still there.

My only concern is about IP side what I have to do to make a right configuration:

• do I have to create a Task object that points to IM Admin Task? Already done.
    • do I have to create a Form object? Already done.
    • do I have to create a Module Action and/or Profile and/or something else? Not done.

Thanks and regards,

Gabriele

• 5.  Re: Identity Portal - Forgotten Password - verification screen blank

Posted Jun 11, 2018 10:49 AM

I interesting thing is, if I try to perform the same test through the IP Portal Admin console (/sigma/admin/), it works?!

/sigma/admin/

Public icon:

Link: "Forgotten Password"

Step 1: Identitication

Step 2. Verification

Final Step: reset Password

Note: If I run directly the URL /sigma/public/index#/forgot-password it is shown in English language also if the browser is in Italian (User Id, Back, Next)

but if I browse through Admin Console > Branding > Public > Forgotten Password, it is correctly shown in Italian language (ID utente, Indietro, Avanti):

as configured