DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Smartstor data Purge

Posted Nov 08, 2018 06:07 AM

Hi Experts,

In APM 10.7, How I can list all agents Historical metric count, as of now I am using superdomain  search to check “Historical Metric count” , and doing copy paste in excel. Please check below screenshot for reference.

In above case I have selected live view.

But when I am selecting 30 day in time range and click on Go , there is no change in data

Question 1: Is there any other way to find and check historical metric data comparison over a month of period?

Question 2: How I can list contribution of each metric type in historical metric data for each agent, so that suppose if I have to deleted “average response time” related metric data only then how can smartstortool can work for me or its not work like this so please clarify .

Question 2: what should be the value of historical metric count to prune the data?

As per community link , I found introscope.enterprisemanager.metrics.historical.limit=5000000 , currently I don’t have any property set in introscopeEntrepriseManager.properties file

Question 3:  in addition to question 1 . how prune of smartstore works, can I provide date and time range also along with agent name and metric name , please help me with any working command example here

Regards

Imran

• 2.  Re: Smartstor data Purge

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 10:10 AM

Dear Community:

Can you help Imran with his inquiries? Maybe take on one of his four questions?

Thanks in advance. 

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Smartstor data Purge
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2018 10:27 AM

Question 1: Is there any other way to find and check historical metric data comparison over a month of period?

A:    Create metrics grouping using following.

Agent expression:  (.*)\|Custom Metric Process \(Virtual\)\|Custom Metric Agent \(Virtual\) [^\|:]+

metrics expression  : Enterprise Manager\|Connections:Number of Historical Metrics

Question 2: How I can list contribution of each metric type in historical metric data for each agent

A:                I  don't  think you can only delete ART but you can delete all metrics of SQL, Socket etc. of your agent  choice. you have to use CLW to delete these metrics.

Question 2: what should be the value of historical metric count to prune the data?

A:                CA recommend 1.2 M metrics and that the value you will find in apm-events-thresholds-config.xml.

Question 3:  in addition to question 1 . how prune of smartstore works, can I provide date and time range also along with agent name and metric name , please help me with any working command example here

A:                               I don't think  you can provide time range. But if you want to prune historical metrics it will only delete metrics without data. So you are good to run prune.

you can find more information here:

historical metrics: https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/using/apm-workstation/use-the-workstation/live-and-historical-data-in-the-workstation-console#LiveandHistoricalDataintheWorkstationConsole-ViewHistoricalData

CLW: https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-7/en/using/apm-command-line-workstation/clw-command-reference

Enjoy

• 4.  Re: Smartstor data Purge

Posted Nov 09, 2018 02:00 AM

Hi junaidwily

What if I have to create a single report which can include agent name, historical metric and live metric in a single report.

can you provide me with the command to do so?

Quick reply will be appreciated

Thanks