DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Problem with IntroscopeDotNetAgent on windows Spanish

Posted Nov 27, 2018 03:48 PM

Hi! Have any of you had problems using the .NET agent in windows Spanish?

I have the following problem:

when I set the agentManager.url.1 over tcp the agent works correctly but if I configure it with https the agent logs indicates internal server error "; Now when I uninstall the language pack everything works correctly

.. At this point I can not change the language of the server, maybe there is a configuration like the one done for the apmia?

Cannot install Infrastructure Agent in Windows env - CA Knowledge 

• 2.  Re: Problem with IntroscopeDotNetAgent on windows Spanish

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 08:37 AM

Dear Community:
    Can you help Walter? The only thing I recall recently on languages is this and it is not .Net agent . This will likely need a case if no one replies.

Italian version of APM introscope shows buggy behavior 

• 3.  Re: Problem with IntroscopeDotNetAgent on windows Spanish
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 08:53 AM

When the .NET agent tries to connect over HTTPS, the machine the agent is running on also has to be able to trust the certificate. If it is the default HTTPS certificate from the Enterprise Manager, it will not automatically be trusted.

I would suggest to configure the .NET agent in DEBUG by editing logging.config.xml

<log4net update="Merge">
    <root>
    <level value="INFO" />

to

<log4net update="Merge">
    <root>
    <level value="DEBUG" />

and see what the logs say in more detail, there will often be something about a certificate issue.

The language could be another issue but the DEBUG logging should tell more.

• 4.  Re: Problem with IntroscopeDotNetAgent on windows Spanish

Posted Nov 28, 2018 09:30 AM

Hi! David the debug loggin showing this

11/28/18 09:25:23 AM GMT-05 [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    11/28/18 09:25:23 AM GMT-05 [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent]

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    at com.wily.introscope.agent.connection.IsengardServerConnectionManager.connectInternalAdvanced(ServerInstanceLocator serverLocator, Boolean hasFallbacks)
    at com.wily.introscope.agent.connection.ConnectionThread.attemptAdvancedConnection(Boolean firstConnectionAttempt)
    11/28/18 09:25:27 AM GMT-05 [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.PerfMonService] The check/reset of w3wp process instance change took 0 ms.

• 5.  Re: Problem with IntroscopeDotNetAgent on windows Spanish

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2018 04:59 AM

Hello Walter,

I don't see any expected error here, I assumed the agent was not connecting to the Enterprise Manager over HTTPS, but perhaps you mean that it still connects but causes a problem with the application that is monitored.

If it is an application issue, you could try commenting out this option in webservices.pbd.

TurnOn: WCFRuntimeTracing

That is just based on common occurrence, and also only relevant if the application uses WCF.

I think this is the sort of thing that needs more investigation through support cases, to provide all of the logs you have and any details about the application, what version of IIS is being used, particular technologies like WCF, MVC being used

Thanks,

David