Clarity PPM

Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

  • 1.  Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-07-2018 12:59 PM

    Hi Everyone,

     

    I am attempting to publish a main report with Sub report in Jaspersoft Studio 6.1/CAPPM 15.3 and when I got to run the report after publishing, I get the error message, "Error: Filling Report".

     

    When I run it thru Jaspersoft Studio, I do not get the same error messages?

     

    Any thoughts as to why I cannot run them?

     

    I have attached copies of the .jrxml files for review.

     

    Any assistance would be grateful.

     

    Thank You & Regards



  • 2.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-07-2018 01:44 PM

    Hi JP_Thompson  - would this help at all:

    Unified CABI / Jaspersoft 6.3 java exception "Erro - CA Knowledge 

     

    Let us know.

    Jon I.



  • 3.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-07-2018 02:04 PM

    Hi Jon,

     

    Actually, my report is not a drill down report, it's an embedded sub report that use's a printwhen statement, which is already set to show or "true".  At this point I am banging my head as I don't receive an erro message in Jaspersoft Studio.

     

    Thanks



  • 4.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-07-2018 02:34 PM

    Hi,

     

    Check if you get any ideas from these threads:

    Jasper Report is not passing values from prompt to parent query 

    Server error when publishing JS report 

     

    Also, check if something is getting logged in jasperserver.log when the report does not get executed in Advanced Reporting.



  • 5.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-08-2018 01:52 AM

    I think the issue is that you didn't include . jrxml in the name of the subreport.   

     

    When I published your report I didn't see the report that is high lighed in Yellow Below until I added .jrxml to the subreport name.  

     

    I

     



  • 6.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 08-08-2018 01:58 AM

    Are you sure your expression to the subreport is correct on the main report?  You have:

    "SD_DEMAND_EXCEPTION_SUB"

     

    I use the following which includes the path.

    "repo:/Custom_Reports/StatusReportFolder/SRF_Project_Status"

    If I look at a OOTB report Project Status Detail report, it has

    "repo:CSK_PRJ_ProjectStatusDetail_Team_Subreport"

     

    You may need to add 'repo:' to your expression to call the subreport from the JasperSoft server.



  • 7.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 10-03-2018 07:43 AM

    Hi Roland,

     

    I was able to get the report working, however, now when I execute the report, the results return all "null" for the column headers, these are months and the variable/fields with Hours come back as all Zeroes?  I know the parameters are being passed down to the sub report, however, the results are being blanked out by the 0, any thoughts as to why?

     

    Thanks



  • 8.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 10-06-2018 05:36 AM

    Wow, you like leaving things in limbo, two months since originally asking this question.

     

    Please consider reviewing the OOTB report Project Status Summary, which has a sub-report Status Summary Report, which has better logic on how each period should be created, which then calls additional sub-report for that Period.  Quickly looking through the code you have originally attached, you are attempting to do a lot with you sub-report, where the sub-report has a lot of logic relating to 'if period is between X - Y, then column1 etc'.  The sub-report can be called multiple times, including passing parameters to define the period required.

     

    I couldn't make sense of your sub-report, as there is just too much logic relating to where to put the data, eg:

     MAX($P!{dwhDBSchema}.dwh_null_number_fct(a.avail_1,0)) AS avail_1,

    ..

    MAX($P!{dwhDBSchema}.dwh_null_number_fct(a.avail_12,0)) AS avail_12,

    MAX($P!{dwhDBSchema}.dwh_null_number_fct(d.demand_1,0)) AS demand_1,

    MAX($P!{dwhDBSchema}.dwh_null_number_fct(d.demand_2,0)) AS demand_2,

     



  • 9.  Re: Trouble publishing new Main Report with Sub Report

    Posted 10-08-2018 06:59 AM

    Hi,

     

    Thanks for getting back to me, I will look at that report.  We put the report on the back burner for a bit to do other items in the Que.

     

    Regards