Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

• 1.  I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 23, 2018 10:34 AM

I have a script at the end of a workflow which resubmits the entire work flow it has worked 8 times & on the 9th time fails  - it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. Does anyone know how to fix this or what it means?

• 2.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 23, 2018 05:58 PM

Hi hilliard,

It look like there a few post that had discussed that error message in the past:

U00003720 Error in Object detected: A variable object is interlaced too much. 

What does Interlaced too much mean? 

Task is interlaced too much. 

Look like in the later AE version, it was added so that if the object is calling itself or situation where there would be too many level of recursion taking place... there a limited of 16...before it cancel (to avoid endless loop)... 

Taken from: the release note on the downloads.automic.com

Also it look like if in a loop, it happen 2 time then the first 8 would work, but for the 9 would fail as it exceed that '16' iteration..

Not sure what version you are on... but this may sound like something you are getting... base on your describing and others post.  I would check to see if you are using activate_uc_object and calling itself (the workflow) for that restart..

• 3.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:08 AM

Here are the the details of AE-15153 (PRB01057075) in plain text:

ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT allows recursive activation
    Behavior has been improved where a recursive call of ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT lead to an endless loop in the Automation Engine. After an activation depth of 16, the activation is now cancelled in the same manner as for workflow depth.

IMPORTANT! This change has an impact on constructs such as this:
    ||--- --- ---||
    |-> activate_uc_object -> |
    |-> activate-uc-object -> |

This construct now also counts towards the recursive calls. For such situations, you can also use the new recurring tasks feature

• 4.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Interesting modification that is impacting a lot of potential process :

- Activation of objetcs  that are using the ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT in multiple nested levels, above 16 levels it stops !

- Re-activation of a workflow after it ends because you need to wait until it has run to be able to run it again immediately but the duration is of a few seconds only or totally random. EVNT are not usable as they are activating objects every 1 minute as minimum interval.

- impossibility to override this behaviour for specific cases !

Suggestion :

Add an option in the ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT that is allowing to ignore the "parent" information like CHILD=NO with a default set to CHILD=YES to keep the default current behaviour.

So a command like :SET &runid# = ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT(TEST.JOB.OBJECT,,,,,,CHILD=NO)  will activate the object TEST.JOB.OBJECT but not register the "parent" information or reset the nested level to 1 or 0.

• 5.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 30, 2018 11:31 AM

I’m having trouble saving the jobs script object. I cut & paste your example in the process tab. It gives an error about missing ‘,’ – what am I doing wrong?

• 6.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 03:42 AM

The suggestion was for an enhancement of the command.

You cannot use it and you can only hope that CA-Automic will take this and make a real enhancement.

Sorry if this was misleading you, next time I will write "Suggestion for enhancement to CA".

• 7.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 03:31 AM

I added this confusing message the list of examples of inapt English language usage in AWA messages & documentation.

• 8.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 03:42 AM

Unfortunately this was a "misleading suggestion of enhancement" topic ......

• 9.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 04:13 AM

The recently added limits on recursion may pose an obstacle to my aspirations to implement the Ackermann function in the AE.

• 10.  Re: I have a job that resubmits the workflow at the end of the current workflow - It ran successfully 8 times, the ninth time, it came up with error:  U00007016 Task 'JOBP.COP128US' (RunID '0004086864') is interlaced too much. What does that mean?

Posted Aug 31, 2018 06:17 AM

The suggested bypass using recurring task is not an option as this is not an object, can't be included in a workflow or in any system to transport object from one client to another, one instance to another (QUAL to PROD i.e.).

Plus is depends fully on the user who is activating the option manually (weakest part of the automation is between keyboard and chair). And a simple "QUIT" action can erase all the setting of the object without any trace of what was initially configured. Not even including the "on-the-fly" temporary modification in the activity window that are not reset to the original settings ... without also trace of the initial values !

This recurring task feature is more for the testing environment or for a temporary additional monitoring i.e. than for a production environment and a regular scheduling. Thats my opinion but feel free to use it at your own risks and responsabilities. =-)