Flowdock

Expand all | Collapse all

App Center Integration

• 1.  App Center Integration

Posted 08-03-2018 03:11 AM

I'd like to add an integration to MS App-Center, however this is quite a new service and currently doesn't have an available Flowdock integration.

I've reached out to their support, as they currently have help available for Slack & MS Teams, but they referred me here.

I also tried setting up a custom Developer Shortcut (no auth) Application, and setting the Webhook URL in App-Center to https://api.flowdock.com/messages?flow_token=***, but this doesn't seem to work.

Are there any plans to add supported integration in near-future? Alternatively perhaps my webhook URL just needs some modification?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: App Center Integration

Posted 08-09-2018 03:23 AM

I am not familiar at all with MS App Center, so I don't know what all you can do with it.  However, as you found, there is currently not an integration with MS App Center.  I don't know of any plans for it to be added in the future.

You can certainly try using the Webhook, but you will need to ensure the data that is being passed to Flowdock is in a format that it is expecting and you will need to use some authentication.  Here is the documentation for the API:

Rest | Flowdock API 

Are you able to modify the payload of the Webhook?  If so, you can do something like this to post to the Inbox of the Flow using the Flow Token and the JSON payload:

payload = {"flow_token": "f3328e5e...",
    "event": "activity",
    "author": {
    "name": "MS App Center Webhook"
    },
    "title": "Received MS App Center Post"
    "thread": {
    "title": "MS App Center Webhook Testing",
    "fields": [{
    "label": "Label 1",
    "value": "Value of Label 1"
    }],
    "body": "Body text line 1<br />Body text line 2",
    "status": {
    "color": "green",
    "value": "received"
    }
    }
    }

You can do something like you had above, but it is the older, deprecated Push API.  For that example, here is the documentation:  Team Inbox | Flowdock API 

Hope that helps.

Michael

• 3.  Re: App Center Integration

Posted 08-13-2018 03:22 AM

Hi Michael

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I can't edit the App Center payload format.

posco01 did you have any success with this?