Service Virtualization

• 1.  Project level access control in DevTest portal

Posted Aug 01, 2018 02:21 PM

We are using shared DevTest environment, where 2 different teams are sharing the same Registry but different VSE's in a windows server box. We created resource groups for each team and assigned corresponding VSE's, so the team can able to view and access the VSE assigned to them.

We noticed that projects created by both the team are viable to every one in the portal by navigating to Manage > Virtual Services / Tests. 

Is their a way to restrict this, so the teams can able to view the projects created by the members of a particular resource group only ?

• 2.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 06:02 PM

What version of DevTest are you on?

Are you using LDAP to login?

• 3.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Posted Aug 02, 2018 08:50 AM

We are using DevTest v10.2 with LDAP authentication.

• 4.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 09:38 AM

Review this knowledge document and let me know if this helps:

Using DevTest Resource Groups with LDAP/LDAPs - CA Knowledge 

• 5.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Posted Aug 02, 2018 10:45 AM

The document talks about restricting DevTest components(VSE, simulator etc) using resource groups, that we already implemented.

Our goal is to restrict the projects created in the portal to each other teams. The DevTest server components(Registry and 2 VSE's) are running in one single server for this scenario. So projects created from the portal by both the team are saved inside the server <DevTest Installation folder>\Projects. So project created by a team is visible in the portal left pane "Manage > Virtual Services"  section.

We just want to restrict this, so they will not have access to other teams project.

• 6.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 10:50 AM

I am not sure we can limit at the Project level, so I will do some research on this.

• 7.  Re: Project level access control in DevTest portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 11:32 AM

The only way I could come up was to set the permissions at the OS level to certain folders below the Projects to particular users.