Service Virtualization

• 1.  Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Posted May 25, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi,

Im trying to create a virtual service using IBM Native MQ and the scenario is like this there will be a request sent to the request queue and listener should receive this and send one acknowledgement and one response to the response queue in the respond step.

is it possible to send 2 responses (1 ack and 1 response ) in single transaction to the response queue?

• 2.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2018 02:40 PM

What exactly do you mean by "Acknowledgement"?  Is this another message like the actual response?  Does it go to the same response queue or to a different queue?

You can send multiple response messages by simple adding more responses to your RR pair transaction, or by recording multiple responses, or by manually adding a second response to a transaction in the service image.

If the "acknowledgement" message needs to go to a different queue then this post should tell you everything you need to know about having multiple response queues in a virtual service.

If the "acknowledgement" is not an actual message then I'm going to need more information.

• 3.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:02 AM

let me explain the complete scenario.

this is for HTTP/HTTPs protocol.

when application sends one request to the VSM then VSM should send 2 different responses.

I have tried adding two responses in the VSI step by using "Add a new response to the transaction" option.

after that i tried hitting the VSM and i can see only one response.

how to make VSM to send multiple responses in the same transaction.

• 4.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 09:30 AM

As Kevin said, you can send multiple response messages if the transactions are captured with multiple responses in the VSI during recording or manually by adding a second response to a transaction in the service image and changed queue information in the Meta Data.

• 5.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Posted Jun 14, 2018 01:31 PM

I'm confused.  Your original post was about IBM MQ, but now you are asking about HTTP/S.  I'm not as familiar with the way VSE's HTTP/S protocol works, but my understanding is that multiple responses are not a standard thing with HTTTP, and additional steps may be required to make it work.  It depends on your exact scenario.  Do both HTTP responses go back to the original requester over the same connection, or does VSE have to initiate a second HTTP connection to send one of the responses?

• 6.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Posted May 29, 2018 03:12 PM

Hello pradeepmeka,

Did Kevin's response help you?

Thank you,

Heloisa

• 7.  Re: Sending Multiple Responses to IBM MQ

Posted Jun 14, 2018 03:44 AM

let me explain the complete scenario.

this is for HTTP/HTTPs protocol.

when application sends one request to the VSM then VSM should send 2 different responses.

I have tried adding two responses in the VSI step by using "Add a new response to the transaction" option.

after that i tried hitting the VSM and i can see only one response.

how to make VSM to send multiple responses in the same transaction.