Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 07, 2018 11:24 PM

Hi we are planning to deploy the Automic workload under our oracle linux server. This is only for the test purpose. Already we got a Automic on our production environment. We are Struggling at the point of the license key requirement at installation process on our test environment. can any one suggest a workaround for this scenario

• 2.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:37 AM

Hi

You will need to talk to your account manager, he can provide you with test licenses.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 08, 2018 05:08 AM

Really Appreciate your clarification

• 4.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 08, 2018 05:29 AM

You 're welcome :-)

• 5.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 14, 2018 03:31 AM

You will need to talk to your account manager, he can provide you with test licenses.

I'm afraid this has changed with CA.

When I talked to my account manager, he told me he can not give me trial licenses anymore since CA took over, and a support ticket has to be filed. When I filed a support ticket, I was told that only the CA Licensing team can give out trial licenses.

To do this, one either needs to call CA by phone, or file a support ticket specificially selecting "Licensing" as the product.

So this should now be the way to go.

Disclaimer: I did not fully follow through with it. I gave up, because I was merely wanting a trial license to aid CA/Automic debugging an open issue. Alas, that was not meant to be.

Cheers,

Carsten

• 6.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:16 AM

THX a lot for clarification!

Seems to be way quicker than before

cheers, Wolfgang

• 7.  Re: Deploying a Automic Workload on a test environment. Need a license key for that

Posted Jun 14, 2018 08:29 PM

Hi Carsten,

I am sorry for the pass along you have experience  but going forward if you need a temp license, the easiest way would probably be via the online web forum and from what I am told and seen, they are open 24/7 and are pretty fast in processing the request.

I thought I would post here the direct link to the web forum to request licensing and a link to an Community docs, that explain the Automic Licensing Request Process in case anyone else run across this thread.