Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  File Transfer Paths lost in an ALIAS job - retains original job's paths

Posted Jun 06, 2018 11:09 AM

Hello all

I created a discussion in the old automic community regarding the behavior of alias FTP jobs. The from and to paths on the task properties of the alias job were overwritten by the original job's values even after saving and that was causing job failures and other issues at our end.

I was told that this was fixed in 12.0.4. I upgraded our version from 12.0.1 to 12.0.4 only for this reason.But we are still facing this issue in production. Is anyone facing the same issue and do you recollect this issue? I tried opening the old link and it doesn't work. Is there a solution/upgrade/hotfix ?

• 2.  Re: File Transfer Paths lost in an ALIAS job - retains original job's paths

Posted Jun 12, 2018 05:59 PM

Hi ShravaniVedantham613199,

It look like you are currently using a different account (registered email address) than the one in the Automic Community.  Looking at your Automic Account that was migrated to CA and what you have authored "Link to profile-authored content page"

I found this discussion that I believe you are referring too:  File Transfer Paths lost in an ALIAS job - retains original job's paths

I tried opening the old link and it doesn't work.

What linked is this?

I was told that this was fixed in 12.0.4. I upgraded our version from 12.0.1 to 12.0.4 only for this reason.But we are still facing this issue in production.

Do you remember who had informed you of the fixed?

--------------------------

As for the Community - is anyone on AE v12.0.4 or higher that is running into the issues that ShravaniVedantham613199 is describing?

• 3.  Re: File Transfer Paths lost in an ALIAS job - retains original job's paths

Posted Jun 13, 2018 11:01 AM

Thanks Luu Le.. I am able to see my discussions and questions created in automic before CA. And yes the link you shared is the one I am referring to.

And, I am sorry I do not remember who informed us about the fix. I will check with my manager and see if she can help.