DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  BadlyFormedNameException with APIM agent

Posted Oct 24, 2018 05:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I have installed a Precision Agent for APIM and when I use APMTC, next message is shown:

Caused by: com.wily.introscope.appmap.rest.exceptions.RestApiException: INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

at com.wily.introscope.appmap.rest.controllers.MetricControllerImpl.getMetricValues(MetricControllerImpl.java:92)

... 48 more

Caused by: com.wily.introscope.spec.metric.BadlyFormedNameException: "Backends|AdministradorOtpService|11|Route via HTTP(S)|http://xx.xx.xx.xx/MediosElectronicosPWSWeb/AdministradorOtpPort" is not a legal Metric name.

How Can I solve this?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: BadlyFormedNameException with APIM agent
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 06:08 PM

Hi Rodrigo,

That exception is due to some name formatting error in the code.

What version/service pack of APM are you using?

There is a known Team Center problem with similar symptoms fixed in 10.7 HotFix HF11. This KB has more details:

Team Center Experience Cards Showing "No Traffic" - CA Knowledge 

If you have SP2 installed (10.7 HotFix 14) then it should also have the fix. So if the problem still exists with SP2 I would suggest to open a support case,

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

Hi Rodrigo,

I found one case reported for 10.5.1 with Precision Agent abut a year ago but the problem resolved itself so was not pursued.

I would suggest to create a support case so that Engineering can advise if you have the same problem as the KB article for 10.7. They may be able to provide a backported fix to 10.5.x if you don't want to upgrade to 10.7 SP2.

Please also mention this Community post link when you create the case.

(I know there are also some other CA Precision API related fixes in later 10.5.2 HotFixes for correlation)

Thanks,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: BadlyFormedNameException with APIM agent

Posted Oct 24, 2018 06:22 PM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for answering so quickly, CA APM version is 10.5.1.8 with EPAgent version 10.5.1.8 and API Precision 3.1.

How Can I proceed in this version?

Regards.

• 4.  Re: BadlyFormedNameException with APIM agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 06:40 PM

Hi Rodrigo,

I found one case reported for 10.5.1 with Precision Agent abut a year ago but the problem resolved itself so was not pursued.

I would suggest to create a support case so that Engineering can advise if you have the same problem as the KB article for 10.7. They may be able to provide a backported fix to 10.5.x if you don't want to upgrade to 10.7 SP2.

Please also mention this Community post link when you create the case.

(I know there are also some other CA Precision API related fixes in later 10.5.2 HotFixes for correlation)

Thanks,

Lynn