Clarity

• 1.  How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Posted Jul 02, 2018 08:30 PM
      |   view attached

Where in CA PPM 15.4, I can configure/default to show only Assigned tasks in user timesheets(in new UX by default currently it shows All Tasks)? Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Praneeth

• 2.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Posted Jul 03, 2018 01:39 AM

In the classic UI, it is set to 'Assigned' by default.  I wish, we have the same functionality in NEW UI.

• 3.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 03, 2018 02:19 AM

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-4/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-enter-hours-and-submit-a-timesheet

Create a Timesheet with Previous Timesheet Tasks or Current Assignments

You can create a timesheet with the tasks from a previous timesheet or with your current assignments.

Follow these steps:

1. Open the timesheet period.
    2. Select the option to create your timesheet.
      • Copy previous timesheet: Appears only when you have previous time sheets. Creates timesheets with the task entries from your most recently submitted timesheet.
        • Copy hours: Automatically includes the actual hours from the previous timesheet. Actuals for one-time entries, such as vacation or sick time, are not copied. In addition, hours entered for non-working days are not copied.
      • Add Assigned tasks: Appears only when you have assignments. Creates timesheets with task assignments that are currently open. The open assignments have a date range within the time period of the new timesheet.
      • +Work to timesheet: Provides a list of work items that are available for selection to create a timesheet.
    3. Click Create Timesheet.

• 4.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Posted Jul 03, 2018 03:04 AM

Here is the image from the first post.

Note the 15.4.1 bug fix: Filter for Open for Time Entry added

• 5.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 03:16 PM

It sounds like you want the ability to have the dialog to save or remember the settings in the filtering fields.

This is something we have started doing in other areas with 'saved views'.  This idea has value. Please bring this up through the Customer Voice enhancement process by contacting your company's representative.  I will also bring it up internally with our Product Management team.

• 6.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Posted Jul 05, 2018 07:16 PM

Yes, I am expecting to have the filters saved in the timesheet task list, so that users should only be able to view assigned tasks by default.

What is the process of raising this as part of customer voice enhancement and how can I do that?

Thanks,

Praneeth

• 7.  Re: How to configure/show only Assigned tasks in CA PPM New UX for user timesheets by default?

Posted Jul 06, 2018 03:06 AM