Clarity

• 1.  Importing Portets in CA PPM

Posted Jun 15, 2018 11:02 AM

We are using CA PPM 15.2, we have requested our developers to create a portlet but I can not find how to import the portlet to CA PPM? Can someone help please?

• 2.  Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM

Posted Jun 15, 2018 12:49 PM

You can XOG that out from where it was developed and in to where you want to have it with portlets_read.xml and portlets_write.xml. You can also  do that for the query (if it is a query base portlet) and the XOG in the file you get when you export the portlet.

• 3.  Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2018 03:51 AM

Hi JcBarte,

You can use "Content Packages" to export portlet, and "Content Add-Ins" to import portlet.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 4.  Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM

• 5.  RE: Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM

Posted Feb 25, 2020 02:19 PM
    Aurora, the link does not work. It says "Object moved HERE" but when you click on the HERE link it fails to go anywhere. Do you have a new link we can try?

• 6.  RE: Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM

Posted Feb 25, 2020 05:43 PM
    Hi - The link shows it's a personal blog on the previous communities platform. I'm afraid personal blogs were not part of the June 2019 migration to Higher Logic. Personal blog creators would need to recreate their content. Regards, Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Hackett
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Re: Importing Portets in CA PPM
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2020 02:39 AM
    Unfortunately Aurora is now  working for another company and with another product.

https://communities.ca.com/people/Aurora_Gaimon/blog/2017/03/16/ca-ppm-how-to-quickly-create-a-new-version-of-your-nsql-portlet

CA PPM How to quickly create a new version of your NSQL portlet
    Blog Post created by Aurora Gaimon Employee on Mar 17, 2017

It's been a while since I've published in my blog.. lately It's been crazy in my personal life and not so much time left...

But, today, I will explain how to modify and create a new version of a custom NSQL portlet. I'm pretty sure you have felt the pain when trying to modify it, for instance just by adding new columns. Those columns did not exist when query was created, or just simply those columns were not required at the beginning. Guess what now you need them.

Query will not allow structural changes, therefore, you need to create a new one and also a new portlet. Why An existing portlet using already a query cannot be changed to use new one.

How do we work on that quickly Well, I'm pretty sure many peers will have many other brilliant ideas, but this is how I usually do

1. Xog out JUST the NSQL query

This XML will xog out just NSQL code which you can easily edit in an editor such notepad++ or similar.

xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8
    NikuDataBus xmlnsxsi=httpwww.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsinoNamespaceSchemaLocation=..xsdnikuxog_read.xsd
    Header version=8.0 action=read objectType=contentPack externalSource=NIKU
    args name=singleContentType value=query
    Header
    QueryQuery
    Filter name=code criteria=EQUALSyour_custom_nsql_queryFilter
    QueryQuery
    NikuDataBus

2. Xog out just the Portlet without dependencies

This XML will xog out just portlet without dependencies (no lookups, no NSQL code...) which you can easily edit in an editor such notepad++ or similar.

xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8
    NikuDataBus xmlnsxsi=httpwww.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsinoNamespaceSchemaLocation=..xsdnikuxog_read.xsd
    Header version=8.0 action=read objectType=contentPack externalSource=NIKU
    args name=singleContentType value=portlet
    Header
    PortletQuery
    Filter name=code criteria=EQUALSyour_custom_portletFilter
    PortletQuery
    NikuDataBus

What should you edit here Ensure you edit the dataProviderId= which should be the new NSQL query id.

3. You can either XOG the 2 XMLs separability, or even merge them in 1

That's really up to you, but I usually merge them to simplify. How do we merge them

Basically, I keep the portlet XML (header, portlet code in green) and I add the query part (blue lines).

See a sample below

xml version=1.0 encoding=UTF-8NikuDataBus xmlnsxsi=httpwww.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsinoNamespaceSchemaLocation=..xsdnikuxog_contentPack.xsd
    Header action=write externalSource=NIKU objectType=contentPack version=8.0
    contentPack update=true

portlets update=true
    gridPortlet allowConfigure=true allowConfigureLabel=true allowEditing=false category=businessIntelligence code=your_custom_portlet dataProviderId=your_nsql_query dataProviderPartitionId=NIKU.ROOT dataProviderType=nsql defaultSortColumn=created_date defaultSortOrder=descending forceFilter=false gridAttributeProtection=1 hasEditableColumn=false metricsLocation=bottom objectType=SYSTEM pageSize=50 querySource=customer showAltValueText=false showColumnCurrencyCode=false source=customer
    nls description=your_portlet_description languageCode=en name=your_custom_portlet
    column

gridPortlet
    portlets

queries update=true
    query code=your_nsql_query isUserPortletAvailable=1 source=customer
    nls languageCode

query
    queries

contentPack
    NikuDataBus

If you need help with NSQL queries, portlets o r xogging, please engage CA Services or ask questions in CA Communities.

Related and interesting links

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip XOG - controlling the amount of data

That's all. Thanks for reading until here. Did you like it Please, don't be shy and share it.
    Attachments

sample_portlet_read.zip475 bytes
    sample_nsql_read.zip467 bytes

Attachment(s)

zip
    sample_nsql_read.zip   467 B 1 version
    zip
    sample_portlet_read.zip   475 B 1 version