CA Service Management

• 1.  casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 18, 2018 07:43 AM

Hi All,

I need to integrate other application with casdm and as I have not much expertise on the casdm technical front, so my query is that, is there any scope to fetch data from casdm db to my application than using soap web services?

or can we do in such a way like whenever any actions performed on tickets in casdm we should get this data in my application (i.e can casdm push data?)

Or any other suggestions?

• 2.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 18, 2018 08:39 AM

Hi Mandar,

First we need to understand if this is a one way or two way integration, meaning, will your app only be pulling data, or will it also be updating data?  And if so, what type of data?   With that, if your app just needs to fetch data from SDM, it can use SOAP, or REST web services, OR it could query the mdb database directly.  SDM does NOT currently push data.  Some folks have used things like notifications, and a notification method that triggers an external reference, such as running a batch file that would do something to push data somewhere, however its very complicated to figure out how to feed the data to that external reference.  This would be something that is outside the scope of support and would require CA Services to implement.  There may be folks out here that have done something similar and may be willing to share their info with you.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Jon

• 3.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 19, 2018 04:23 AM

Hi Jon,

It can be two way integration, my app will be pulling data and updating as well. Using SOAP i feel there we might face some slowness, don't we use some triggers/procedures so that whenever any action gets performed in sdm, data should goto my app.

Or any other object model for integration than web service.

• 4.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:45 AM

Hi,

Can we check how many actions are performed on ticket in casdm db, is there any table that contains such information?

• 5.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:51 AM

You can check the activity log tables

* For Incident/Request/Problem, the object is 'alg' and the table is 'act_log'

* For Changes, the object is 'chgalg' and the table is 'chgalg'

If you enable the KPI Ticket or the Audit Log options, you'll have additional data in 'aud_log' and 'usp_kpi_ticket' tables.

• 6.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 20, 2018 03:06 AM

Hi Cristi,

Thank you for the quick response!

I have already tried with the table 'chgalg', here i only get actions performed on tickets. I want if i can get actions performed on ticket including actions on ticket workflow. To fetch this data, currently i had to check both 'chgalg' and 'wf' table diiferently. Is there any table that contains these details?

• 7.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 20, 2018 03:18 AM

For the Workflow Tasks, there is no similar activity log table, but important changes (i.e. Status Updates) are logged directly into the 'chgalg' table.

• 8.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted Apr 20, 2018 09:19 AM

I still don't think to do such an integration at DB level is a good idea. There are far better ways to do this using SOAP, REST,  ITPAM, etc... as per Jon_Israel

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 9.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 10:39 AM

Mandar.........

Do you have any additional questions on this topic/thread?

• 10.  Re: casdm integartion configuration with third party application

Posted May 04, 2018 04:00 AM

Hi Paul,

no additional question. Thank you all