Expand all | Collapse all

Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

John O

John O'MullaneFeb 20, 2017 10:38 AM

• 1.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:32 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,
    I've started to use the new V12 AWI and have a couple of questions on the process monitor.

1. Is it possible to highlight a number of tasks together to take some action on?
    In the Java GUI it was just a matter of using the shift key to highlight a number of tasks together and then take some action. On the AWI it appears that I have to highlight each one separately.

2. I'm trying to clear out my process monitor which requires removing a number of Schedules.
    See on the attached screenshot, I have highlighted a few but there is no cancel/quit action available for all highlighted.
    Do I need to cancel/quit each one separately?

John.

scer8zpx4pzr.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/q4/scer8zpx4pzr.png" width="1164"> 

• 2.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 10:12 AM
    Hi John

just played around again with this A.W.I. it worked in my DEV Env.

1) I marked some jobs by clicking on one and using CRTL+Arrow up/down

2) the contexe menu appeared in my env
    9sh8431ddf0r.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ii/9sh8431ddf0r.jpg" width="1068">

• 3.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 10:30 AM
    FrankMuffke
     1. It's just different I think. On the JAVA UI I am able to use my mouse + shift to highlight a block of tasks in one go. 
    In the AWI I can't use my mouse like that but shift + arrow down does highlight a block, albeit by clicking arrow down a number of times to get to bottom of block.

2. Can you try the same with a few JSCH?

• 4.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 10:34 AM
    Hi John,

I tested on my own system with a few JSCH in a client stop scenario and was also to have a cancel option appear (both for JSCH and JOBP).  I am curious on what version of the AWI you are currently on.

hz6lu6xdbf2z.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/70/hz6lu6xdbf2z.png" width="1334">

What version of the v12 AWI are you on?

• 5.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 10:38 AM
    Automic Web Interface 12.0.1.GA01-353

• 6.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 11:47 AM
    My system is on Automic Web Interface 12.0.0.HF02-312 so I will see if I can find a system that on your version of the AWI and give it a test.  Or if anyone else is on the same version as John and having the same issues, please let me know.

• 7.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 11:54 AM
    I've just install the latest version of the AWI 12.0.1 HF1

Now my Analytics widgets are broken and my data source option is missing from my dashboards  :'(

ohrpjcpwxhmw.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/g6/ohrpjcpwxhmw.png" width="1600">

• 8.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 12:49 PM
    Hi John,

With the new issues you are getting with the the analytic, when you upgrade the AWI.  Can you confirm that the Analytic plugin is configured to your environment per this section of the manual.

• 9.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 01:28 PM
    My AWI version is Automic Web Interface 12.0.0.GA03-300

chancelling several JSCH's is absolutely no problem.
    ulwi5ztx16i3.jpg

• 10.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 01:36 PM
    JohnO'Mullane
    I upgraded "just for fun" to Automic Web Interface 12.0.1.HF01-362 - same behavior as the old version regarding canellation of JSCH's - absolutely no problem.

Just discovered in your screenshot that your CLIENT seems to be stopped - possibly this causes or influences this issue?

• 11.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 20, 2017 04:33 PM
    JohnO'Mullane
    I upgrade my AWI to Automic Web Interface 12.0.1.HF01-362 and tested using a JSCH & had put the client in a STOP state, and was still able to have the cancel options.
    iboz6srd9083.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/7y/iboz6srd9083.png" width="1194">
    So I was wondering, for your particular JSCH that you are trying to cancels - out of curiosity, are they mainly just standard JOBP/JOBS or a combination of that + event and other object type?  Any abnormal status?

• 12.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 03:25 AM
    Thanks Luu_Le_185 and FrankMuffke

Let me test again today.

• 13.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 06:41 AM
    Luu_Le_185
    FrankMuffke

Schedule Issue

Tested again today, looks good now. Must have just been a glitch in the Matrix :-)

Analytics Issue 

I looked at a snapshot from my code tree before I installed new AWI and noticed 3 webui_config* files missing in /wla/Automic/External.Resources/apache-tomcat-7.0.70/webapps/awi/WEB-INF/autoinstall/

I copied them into new install folders and now it works :-)

I've taken notes for next time I install new version. (I'm expecting to have to install new version regularly as new functionality is added)

1 other questions I have as I spend more time on the AWI. (Let me know if I should open new articles for these)

It appears that a user need full write access on all objects types to be able to create a Dashboard.

I've given myself access to all AWI privileges + full read/write/access to DASH object types but I get a message saying I don't have access to create dashboards.

Do you know if this is a bug or if there are other object types that i need write access to in order to create a dashboard?

• 14.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:28 AM
    JohnO'Mullane
    With the latest question being very different to the original topic, let move it to another another thread.

But to answer your question, you will also need red/write authorization for the folder object.  I try and created a test user (with only the AWI privilege + read/write/delete access to the DASH only) and was able to reproduce the message.

I was able to get around it by giving my user access to the folder or specially the DASHBOARD folder.

See reference: Setting up the Dashboards Perspective

• 15.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:49 AM
    Luu_Le_185
    When you say
     "I was able to get around it by giving my user access to the folder or specially the DASHBOARD folder."

What exactly does your Authorizations look like for this user. I'm slightly confused as to what the name field should look like.

• 16.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 10:02 AM
    Hi JohnO'Mullane

When a user create a dashboard, for the folder it should default to "DASHBOARDS" but you can change/create to another folder if you have access to other folders.

For my test user (for the sole purpose of creating dashboard) I just had this (+the awi privilege for it to access dashboard) + the following:

ri1li51puzbc.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/4q/ri1li51puzbc.png" width="1509">
    In essence it need need the DASH authorization create but also access to XXXX folder to where that object will be created too.

• 17.  Automation Engine V12 AWI - Process Monitor

Posted Feb 21, 2017 10:08 AM
    Luu_Le_185

Gotcha, I just wasn't sure what folder the Dashboards were put. I didn't want to give write access to users to all folders.

Thanks.