Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Activities Window

Posted Dec 01, 2017 08:11 AM

Hi All

We've been using Automic for over a year now in a limited rollout although that will be increasing soon.

Looking in the Activities Window there are a number of jobs in various states (Mostly Ended_OK and Ended_NotOK) going back the full year.

My question is do these get cleared down automatically ever?

If not aside from keeping things tidy, is there a system imperative to purge this view? i.e will something reach a limit?

Any tips on how to keep it trim?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Activities Window

Posted Dec 01, 2017 08:53 AM

Sounds like the objects are not deactivated. Check the attributes-tab of the objects - if "AUtomatically deacivate when finished" is set to "Never" it will remain in the activities until manually deactivated.

We usually set this setting to "Always" so only active objects show up.

• 3.  Activities Window

Posted Dec 01, 2017 09:03 AM
    Hi Michael

My question is do these get cleared down automatically ever?
    => No

Any tips on how to keep it trim?
    => have a look on it, if jobs remain there, one of the Parent workflows (or a JOBS of it) failed..
    thats always an indicator that something went wrong.

Besides of that an object remains in activity window if its set in attributes tab.

if you deactivate the Workflow that holds the failed job, all other affected jobs will be deativated as well.

Automatism:
    You can use the script command: DEACTIVATE  with a bit of script logic.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucacxj.htm%3FTocPath%3DAutomation%2520Engine%2520Script-Leitfaden%7CFunktionelle%2520Gliederung%7CObjekte%2520aktivieren%7C_____8

As a simple example you can have a look here, I did some time ago a deactivation script...
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/27253#Comment_27253

cheers, Wolfgang